Recording Realtime Problem

AnthWare Studio

I have been recording on a computer for 5 years … I Used to run on a P3 1.7ghz computer with 256mb of Ram and a Sound Blaster 16 Generic Sound Card … Everything Was Recording Perfect Plugged into the Line in Jack connected to a Mixer … I Have Always Used Vegas 5 for recording My Audio … But I Just Upgraded My PC to a P4 3.4ghz, 1gig of Ram, and a Sound Blaster 24 Pro … Now, when I go to Record The Timing is off … for Example, I Have a 2 Minute Song and I am Singing Perfect with the Music … when I get done and Play it Back it is 2 minutes and 23 seconds … at the first 20 seconds my voice is in time with the music, but by the end of the Track it is 10 to 15 seconds off (forward) … so if I Record Singing with Myself it will be good and on Time for the First 20 seconds but slowly gets off time every Second … 30 seconds will become 33, 40 becomes 45 and so on … now I think it May be that My Processor is to fast or to much Ram … Has anybody had this Problem and how did you fix it …. It will record off time with ANY software or USB Device I use.

Please Help I Need My Studio Back!!!! :confused: :( :mad:

Have you tried setting the sample rate to 48kHz in the Project Properties? ....
File > Properties > Audio tab

Any previous tracks not at 48kHz will either need to be converted or re-tracked.
I don't know about the newer SB cards, but the older ones all operated natively at 48kHz and would exhibit the issue you seem to be suffering if operated at other sample rates ... due to having to re-sample on the fly.

Don't worry about your processor being to fast or having to much RAM .... that's certainly not the case.

I Did Go to The Settings After Thinking about my Sound Card Driver and Output Effects.

1st I went to My Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit folder and Opened a program Called EAX Console.
2nd Turned Off all Audio Effects to the Output and Time Scaling Effect off.
3rd I Did what crankz1 said but Changed it to 24bit, 96hz, & Resample to Best.

I Ran a few Tests and Everything Seems to be Working Fine … but You Know how that is … Now My Junk Behringer is making a hiss sound and Behringer is a ringer of noise.
But this is the Test track I Did with the Setting … IT is Really My Real Birthday Today …23 … so I sing this Sad Horribly Done Song.

Back