question about Acid

Chain Smoker

Is there a way to burn a CD on Acid ("track-at-once") and separate the songs so it doesn't come out in 1 long ass track? I searched within the Acid Manual and could not find an answer.

Thanks in advance

Yes, and thank you for the challenge!

What you need to do is start a new Acid project, and import each file you want to burn into tracks. Then draw them out where you want them to be in the timeline. For each track you need to create a region. When you have the tracks assembled, go to Tools->Track at Once Audio CD. A window will come up giving you some options which should be pretty self-explanatory.

Good luck, and may you burn no coasters!

it didn't work. I inserted a region for every song but it still came out as one long track. Do I have to check the "burn loop region only" box before I burn the CD?

I'll be in the studio tonight and I'll let you know what I come up with.

Hey, Chain Smoker, what version of Acid are you running, anyway?

if acid is like vegas, just put the curser at the begining of each song and hit "N". this inserts a TRACK marker, not a region marker... then, burn "track at once".

foreverain4 said:
if acid is like vegas, just put the curser at the begining of each song and hit "N". this inserts a TRACK marker, not a region marker... then, burn "track at once".
I think that's it! I was hitting T for track - no wonder nothing happened!! I always burn w/ CD Architect anyway.

Chain Smoker said:
I use Acid Pro 4.0

what do you mean by "hit the 'N'"?
It's a keyboard shortcut. It means hit the "N" key on your keyboard. But alas that doesn't exist in Acid. Just Vegas. I checked. Anyway I'm dong a test burn right now.......

Well, that didn't work. It burned all the individual files as a single track. To be honest I don't know if 4.0 can even do seperate tracks at all. :(

What's weird is I seem to remember being able to it with an earlier version. :confused:

Thanks again.

Do you know of any free CD burning programs that'll allow me to burn a CD without the annoying -2 seconds gaps?

I use Windows Media Player and there's a plug-in that's supposed to take off the -2 gaps in between tracks but it didn't work.

Back