Pretty good deal on Sound Forge Bundle?

Ravenwing

In case anyone's interested, I thought I'd pass this on. I just picked up Soundforge 7.0, bundled with CD Architect 5.0 and Noise reduction 2.0. These are full non-academic versions (for us unacademically connected types), boxed cd's with manuals. Got them through Amazon for $249.95 plus $3.49 shipping (which was supposed to be media rate, but they sent it Priority Mail).

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Amazon, or anyone else for that matter. I just thought it was a pretty decent price if anyone's looking!

That is a good deal. I just paid $279 for Sound Forge 6. This is a pre-Sony version which doesn't force me to register it online before I can use it. I hate SONY! It's such a shame too. They USED to be great. (I would however, take one of their Oxfords or even a baby Oxford if they offered it to me!) :D

I also just registered a copy of Noise Reduction 2.0 for a 7 day trial. If I decide I want it, it's gonna cost me $279.00 too! Gee, maybe I'll just go buy the bundle from Amazon and save $30!!

Yeah, it sort of surprised the heck out of me! I ordered it not really knowing what to expect, cause it just seemed too good to be true. Sure looks legit though, the box was sealed, and the manuals had the reg. numbers, and everything installed okay. I dunno, maybe the whole thing will blow up in my face when I actually try to use them!!

Well Raven, apparently your deal was a one day thing only. I went in this morning to buy it and it isn't listed with Noise Reduction, only SF 7.0 & CD Architect. Just my luck.

Thanks for that Raven. That's the same ad that I saw as I was scouring Amazon but it says SF 7.0 & CD Architect. I don't see any mention of Noise Reduction included in the ad. I did finally find a page for Noise Reduction but they say it is out of stock or discontinued.

OK, I see...

On the Computers Quick page it says that NR 2.0 and CD Architect are included. Did you actually get 3 separate boxes with your order? Have you registered yours yet?

Hi Mike, what I got was 1 box, (the Sound Forge Box), which has a sticker on it stating: inside every box, Noise Reduction 2.0 and CD Architect. The box contained three cd's, and the quick start manuals for SoundForge and CD Architect. The first page of each manual has the registration code for each of the programs. Noise Reduction cd has the reg code on it.

I haven't registered the programs through the Sony website yet, not really sure what advantage there is in doing it. I'll give it a shot though, and let you know!

Edit: I just registered the programs, with no problem.

Last edited:
academic software

What's wrong with it? Aren't we all just learning anyway?

I purchased sf7 w/noise reduction from here: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/m...qk_srch=sony&image.x=0&image.y=0&qs_platform=
for $149. US
it also had, unadvertised, cd architect 5.0 tucked nicely in there and even if it doesn't come with cd architect they sell it seperately for $99. which brings your final cost down to $249. with free shipping.

I looks like almost everybody is eligible

if I ever get good enough to create something of commercial value, I will upgrade to non-academic, Just prior to sucess!

dana

Back