Pre-amp frequency range on PC interface versus equalization on recording software

Hi:
I am currently using Sony Acid Music 9.0 software for recording. I am considering getting a second generation PC recording interface box from Focusrite. The specs indicate pre-amp frequency range of between 20Hz and 20kHz which, to me, is pretty decent.
However, the Acid Music software itself has graphic equalization that goes up to 15kHz only. My question is, does that mean that the software will not accept or record signals above 15kHz (which will be a bummer) or is it that the graphic equalization on the software can only adjust sounds up to 15kHz but would still accommodate (i.e. record normally) signals above 15kHz with no problem? What I am getting at is that I want to be sure that the Acid Music software does not limit signals from the interface box to 15kHz and "kick out" the signals above 15kHz up to 20kHz that will come from the interface box. May be a dumb question, but just want some clarity about this. Thank you.

Patrick

Eq does not just adjust the frequency you pick, it adjusts a range of frequencies around that center frequency.

For the most part, there isn't much sound above 15k. Nothing above 12k exists in mp3s. Almost no on over 50 can hear anything that high. It isn't as big of a deal as it might seem.

That 15kHz is just the center frequency of the filter. It may extend as much as an octave either side of that peak (affecting from 7.5k to 30k) or be much narrower, depending on the type of filter.

Graphic EQ is just freq band tool at defined points. You should still have a parametric EQ in there somewhere with adjustable center freqs

Ya, I'm basically 50hz to 15khz. I can use 15k to cut that end. But no, it's not doing anything by itself. If you record up towards 30k, or, more, then 15k point might not be as useful

What the others said.

Acid will comfortably handle the audio frequency range, despite what some of its tools may imply.

Back