playback hickup.

zelmobeaty

I have a problem with recording/playback of audio in Acid. When recording a guitar part while listening to only two or three drums and bass loops, i hear a hickup at about one minute in during playback. It throws the recorded track off time from there on. I'm recording at 16 bit, 44100Hz. When I knock it down to 32000Hz sample size it works fine.

My computer is 900mhz celeron II, 128 megs mira pc166 ram, abit be6II motherboard, intel bx440 chipsets, 15 gig 7200 rpm western digital hardrive with ultra66 transfer rates, 32 meg video card, windows 98 SE. Ensoniq audio PCI sound card.

I've tried increasing the buffer time, to no avail. Shut down the cable modem/napster to no avail. What should I do, or upgrade?

Post a question or ask for technical advice on

http://www.sonicfoundry.com

Like c7sus said it could be Acid or the Ensoniq card.

Maybe, Acid might not run smoothly with the Celeron processor?

What versionof Acid are you using? 1.0 or 2.0?

Just offering a few ideas.

I used to have that problem when recording in VEgas.

the solution I had was to mute unneeded tracks while recording. for example, leave only the bassline running when overdubbing.

But now, what I do is to mix all my previously recorded tracks to a new 8 bit,22050hz file using the mix to new track function, and then do my overdub over that file

of course , when you need to convert the final thing to a wav, remember to delete the "new track"

I hope this helps you in Acid.

Back