Old Vegas

brother rat

All mics sound the same.
I've been using the original version of Vegas. But I've been having difficulty because sometimes certain effects are available (like reverb) and then all of the sudden on a different project they are not.
I know this is old software and I'm trying to switch to Reaper but I can't make that work either.
Anyone still use Vegas that can help me get more out of it?

I've been using the original version of Vegas. But I've been having difficulty
Given the age of the original edition (I got it as a beta release, then purchased it) I have to ask: what platform are you using it on? Back then I was using a 450MHz PII. :D and there would definitely be some hiccups now and then that could confuse someone trying to learn it.

If you have limited cash to spend on new HW and SW I'd point you toward Reaper.

I've been using the original version of Vegas. But I've been having difficulty because sometimes certain effects are available (like reverb) and then all of the sudden on a different project they are not.

Are you talking about a standard plugin chain that appears when you click the plugin symbol (i.e eq, compressor, gate), or when trying to add a plugin to the chain?

Alan.

Well, I've since moved on to Reaper.
I'm pretty sure my version of Vegas is version #1. I originally ran it on a 600MHz P3 in Windows 98.

Alan,
I was talking about the standard plugin chain.

So what I think you are saying is that when you open the standard plugin chain on some projects you get plugins available, on others the chain is empty?

If you get an empty chain, will it let you add plugins from the list? Or has it completely lost the plugins?

By the way I used to use version 2 on an old computer with windows 98, then windows 2000. I now have vegas 9 (on XP pro), thanks to a friend that bought it then moved to mac and final cut.

Alan.

Back