Loop Tempo Sync with MIDI Tempo

tdukex

Man of the Muse
So, I've used the search function but can't find the exact answer I'm looking for. Here's what I want to do:

Let's say I have programed a MIDI drum track in Sonar. I also have a Bass track made from loops in ACID. Both tracks have the same number of bars and the same tempo but when I import the loop into Sonar the two tempos don't sync perfectly.

How do I get the two to sync perfectly in Sonar?

I have both Sonar and ACID 2.0. I've spent a few hours trying to figure this out and I'm not getting it. :( I'm just a dull boy hoping some of you sharpies out there can turn on a light for me.

Also posted in the Cakewalk forum.

Hey tdukex,

How are you getting that bass line out of Acid? Are you rendering it and then bringing it into Sonar? If so, I think you need to beatmap it to get it to work right - and I don't think Acid 2 has the bearmapper gizmo.

If so, that may be the problem. I would try constructing the bass line in Sonar using the same samples - I think Sonar is supposed to treat those loop samples the same as Acid would. So, if it's not too complicated of a bass line, you should just be able to recreate it in Sonar using the Acid samples.

Brad

Back