importing midi in acid project ignores tempo and time signature changes

coolhotfun

Doing experimental music where there's no more drum sounds or keyboard synth noises.. its all made with sound effects. Then for the melody its with octave shifted noises thru the keyboard.. used melodyne to make soundfonts and can see what pitch a noise is in so its the same as piano notes. Then for the riffs i'll be using classical midi and replacing the harpsichord with the sound effects. But dont want the same musical riffs all the way thru so be using a bit from one track and changing the riff from another file.. so a few dozen files of classical riffs for one finished track. Well going thru classical midi files sometimes they have hundreds of tempo change red flag markers up top. Its bad.

If i import a midi file in an acid project it doesnt add all the tempo and time signature change markers so the tempo's off. So i could piece all the riffs from various files one after another but i'll be losing all those tempo change flags. You can open the midi as a project and it keeps the tempo flags.. so then i could have that little bit of the riff and do the drums and melody substitution right there and record it as wav and piece them together later.. but no.. i want to be able to have all those midi segments one after another with the original tempo markers.. What kind of work around do i got here.. dump acid and find some other multi track program? I tried a few dozen before settling for acid here and pretty much wasnt gonna make it before i found this so gotta stick with acid here. Really sucks how it deletes all the tempo and time signature changes though.

Back