Help getting started in the Video game.

Signal 9 Studio

I use Vegas for audio. I want to use it for some video stuff. Weddings and such. What do I need for Video. Video cards and stuff. Just trying to get it started.

as long as you've got the firewire output on the camera (I should hope so if you're doing weddings)... I'm too poor for that :( One might wonder how I'm certified in all this stuff... Ha I didn't know people would use Vegas only for audio, looks like we're all a bit confused. As for firewire card, a firewire card is a firewire card, just get a fast one. Expect to spend forever and a day rendering tho, especially if you're computer is pretty much anything but top of the line. (Unless you get a realtime system, but then you'd have to spend another $600 or so)

Do you think I should get the latest version..or chuck it and go to Pro tools? I'm gonna get a new computer soon and I'm not sure it's worth going the distance. I run a budget studio for local bands...

Signal 9 Studio said:
Do you think I should get the latest version..or chuck it and go to Pro tools? I'm gonna get a new computer soon and I'm not sure it's worth going the distance. I run a budget studio for local bands...
I use Vegas 5 and I've recorded a few bands with it. It has worked flawlessly and the bands have been really pleased with the sound (of course that has more to do with my front-end than the prog).

If you're used to Vegas I say stick with it. Pro Tools has a much different feel and frankly is not as user-friendly as Vegas.

Back