Crackling sound when recording live to Vegas with simultaneous play and record

alexcjones

When I record a track using either the Line-In or Midi using SF Vegas,

and if I have Simultaneous Play & Record enabled,

then I get a crackling sound that gets louder, the louder the signal is.

For example, if I try to record a vocal part, the crackling sound does not occur in the silent places, but gets louder as the voice gets louder.

The problem happens whether or not the signal is peaking.

Would anyone know what causes this, and what I should do to stop it?

Thanx!

Specs:

Sonic Fondry Vegas Pro Version 1.0a
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Live!
AMD Athlon 1 Ghz processor
512 Meg of Ram

Only when I have Simultaneous Play & Record enabled

Nope. I've been testing it with Guitar too. It does not happen when I have Simultaneous Play & Record disabled so that nothing is playing back when I record. When I have that disabled, it sounds fine, but of course it is out of synch with everything, since I can't hear the previously recorded electronic tracks.

It happens only when I have Simultaneous Play & Record enabled so that sound is playing back while I am recording.

I am not able to hear the crackling when I am recording. I only hear it when I listen the recorded track playing back.

i have had that problem with both vegas and acid. No one has been able to help me out on that yet. One suggestion I heard was checking your processing compacity...good luck

Crackling sound, processing capacity? Still need help on this.

I Have:
Sonic Fondry Vegas Pro Version 1.0a
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Live!
AMD Athlon 1 GHz processor
512 Meg of Ram

With a 1 GHz processor and 512Mb RAM, shouldn't that be enough processing capacity?

Is there some processing capacity parameter I can adjust?

I've been looking for all kinds of things to tweak, and been tweaking what I find, but I still have not been able to kill the crackling.

Suggestions involving using different software are welcome too.

"Suggestions involving using different software are welcome too"

yeah, I used cakewalk on the same computer with no problem at all. In my case, it wasn't the processing power, and I am sure your computer has better performance than mine.

Back