Controllers for Vegas

MikeA

I'm currently using Vegas 3 Lite (or LE or whatever the version is that was on the Sound Forge 7 CD) for some video editing and I'm considering upgrading and using it as a multitrack audio program. I'd thought about getting the Presonus Firepod and was glad to see that others here use that combination successfully. I am very interested though in getting a controller surface to mix with as I don't like mixing with a mouse. I've seen that the Mackie Control has overlays available for Vegas but I was wondering if any other controller DAWs did. Anybody else use something like the Tascam 1884 or similar? What's your experience with the Mackie if that's what you use?

TIA,

Mike

not really what you're looking for, but I was skimming a book in the store yesterday and happened to notice that Vegas has a couple keyboards designed for it. Seems like there was also a mouse-type device, but I can't find it. The book was "Instant Vegas" by Douglas Spotted Eagle.

one of the keyboards

This is something I've been thinking about as well, but the few I've seen (besides the Behringer, but let's not go there, OK?) are just enough out of my price range to put that idea on the back burner. I will say that I've heard both good and bad about the Mackie controller. My boss at Folkways had one for his Nuendo system, but he didn't like the way it responded and replaced it.

Back