Collaborate with SF ACID

RE- your ps

I quite understand, BTW- what is you Tune called? I would like to hear it so I at least get an idea of the sort of thing your into, who knows you might help me out anyway by giving me some ideas?

RE- bloody wanker

Err...I dont tend to call people that, usually something along the lines of.. well, you already know. However I am still wondering what you top ten tune is?.. I have a few DJ friends who might have heard it/got a copy, in which case I would love to hear it.

Link #1

http://www.residentadvisor.com.au/news.asp?ID=1667&SelectMonth=6&SelectYear=2002

Jun 2002

Saturday, June 08, 2002
Flight Deck is 'The One' [10:16:57 AM]
Flight Deck, one of the hottest new production duos to come out of Chicago in many years, are being touted as "the next big thing" following the UK white label distribution release of their track "I am the One". The track which features the recognisable catchy hook from Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" and a funky electronic bass-line is a perfect example of the current sound of Chicago house - the NOW generation. Currently being played in clubs in the UK by only a handful of the world's top notch DJ's 'I am the One' is fast looking set to become one of the track of the Ibiza summer. Previously signed to the Skint label - where their single Rec Rangers featuring Kool Keith and Heather Hunter made a large impact on the UK charts (it was remixed by X-press 2) Flight Deck are also looking forward to their EP release this upcoming European summer on the Crydamoure label - home to Guyman and DJ Rico of Daft Punk fame.
[0] Comments.

:D

Link #2

http://www.residentadvisor.com.au/news.asp?ID=1668&SelectMonth=6&SelectYear=2002

Jun 2002

Monday, June 10, 2002
Crydamore label to tour Oz? [2:03:31 AM]
As you may have seen in the news on Saturday, the Crydamoure label - home to Daft Punks Guyman and DJ Rico - is set to release the upcoming Flight Deck E.P this August/September. RA has heard the cheeky rumour that Flight Deck representatives in Oz are currently in talks with a number of promoters hoping to bring the Crydamoure guys out here in during the August, September period to tour - with DJ sets. I guess we can just hope for the best and see what happens...
[0] Comments.

;)

Link #3

Also....... in this months issue of International DJ magazine....

http://www.i-dj.co.uk/

Soon, you too will be going round singing 'I am the one' over and over again. The reason? Flight Deck's 'Billie Jean' - sampling filter house anthem 'I Am The One' is being released this month by Launch Pad Music. As you've guessed, it features an exceedingly repetitive vocal sample from the Michael Jackson classic, and is disco house-tastic.

:cool:

Re- ' am the one'

Aint managed to get to hear a copy yet, but sounds like the kinda thing would go down a storm in Ibitza :-) BTW as your a DJ, help me out here?- There's a track I realy like called (I believe) 'The Crowd song' - it has a female vocal that says " I cant remember what I did last night...all I can remember is a bass that goes like this.." an then it launches into THE most dirty/solid/phat 303 line ever. This I know... but who is it by? ARRGGHH !.. anyone?

Re- The above link

Yep.. read it, sounds like you know your shit. But it also sounds a bit too mainstream for me, I do much prefer the Hard/Tech House thing.. I know ...its old hat and it scares the the crap out of the 'regular' punters who go clubbing once a year on holiday, but hey, good luck to ya ! I guess it will be on the radio sometime soon- at least I can say I had an argument with the guy who did it :-)

Pardon my ignorance (BTW, glad you boys are talking again, I had a very similar falling out -- maybe a little worse since we actually meet in person -- with my collaborator, but we mended after a few months of silence).

... but what is "filtered house"??

It is basically a House song with a EQ filter being swept through, in, and out of it.

Was that too basic of an explanation? :(

I will try to think of a commercial house song that has a 'filtered sound'.

Here is an example......

The beginning 32 bars of "One More Time", by 'Daft Punk'.

That is an example of what Filtered House sounds like. ;)

SPINSTERWUN said:
It is basically a House song with a EQ filter being swept through, in, and out of it.

Was that too basic of an explanation? :(

I will try to think of a commercial house song that has a 'filtered sound'.

Okay :)

Thanks!

Back