CD Architect: Please help!

LTG

Ok, I have used CD architect before with the CD burner I have. But recently I installed it again on my computer and hooked up the CD burner, which is a philips Omniwriter. The problem is that that now when I try to burn a CD it says error because the CD is dirty or the CD is corrupt. This can't be because I have tried multiple new CD-R's in it. The burner is hooked up through the parallel port just like it had been before. Please Help!

I did this, but nothing changes, I tried recording the CD at a slower speed. It says writing CD lead in and it gets up to 99% on the lead in. Then it just sits there. I check the CD and all there is is the lead in. What should I do?

I'm just going to make a couple of guesses...as I use Cd archetect also. First...do you have the same drivers as before? I imagine you do..but just a thought. Or...maybe try some different drivers (older and/or newer). maybe try another Cd brand. Or...is your CD session any more CPU intensive than past sessions...like volume changes, and all that stuff. And I am sure you have turned off all your other non needed programs and unchecked your auto insert notification...If your CD writer is getting up their in age...maybe it is the culprit. virus software in the background?? ..screensaver?? Did you just reinstall your OS or something? why did you have to reinstall CD arch? Unless the computer is setup with the same software as previous.....Like I said..just guessing and I am no computer guru. I had to get new drivers for my cd arch when I got it initially, because even though my Plextor was on the list of "ok" drives...it didn't work without the upgrade. good luck and keep us posted.

one other thing...I have read of people getting bad batches of CDr's. I never have seen any, but apparently it happens. Try something completely different

Back