CD Architect License - Am I missing something?

dudernut

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to obtain a basic mastering suite, primarily for Red Book compatibility. I will still likely use Reaper for the audio portion unless the program I end up purchasing is insanely user-friendly. For now, I'm looking at CD Architect and found these two options:

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/CD-Architect-v.-5.2-license/3624110.aspx

Amazon.com: Sony CD Architect 5.2 [Download]: Software

Is there a difference in these? The $57.99 price at CDW (anyone familiar with the site?) looks mighty fine, but I don't want to figure out after the fact that it's not the same type license or software.

The problem with CD Architect is it doesn't support VSTs. "20 real-time DirextX® effects" doesn't give me a lot of confidence. I want to use plugs I'm comfortable with and know.

The problem with CD Architect is it doesn't support VSTs. "20 real-time DirextX® effects" doesn't give me a lot of confidence. I want to use plugs I'm comfortable with and know.

I'm pretty much just wanting it for proper coding/embedding (Red Book 'n' stuff). I will continue to use Reaper for the audio master.

Have you tried the demo version? I think it's a full version for 30 days. For strictly timeline and CD burning, it should work fine. I wonder why amazon is priced so much higher.

Quick update: CDW finally sent me my license number nearly two weeks after purchasing it (and after contacting customer support). The reason for the price difference is because it's an educational license…for students and teachers. Fortunately, I have a .edu email, so it wasn't an issue for me (I graduated in January…but shhh). Anywho, the experience was probably not worth the money I saved by not using Amazon.

Back