Can't record midi in Acid Pro - help!

Harmonious

Hi. I'm pretty new to home recording. I'm using Sony Acid Pro 6 and am able to record guitar (using GearBox) and Drums (using various plug ins) onto audio tracks without a problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to record a midi track though. For example, I open up the Korg Legacy VST using "insert soft synth" and it opens and plays fine. I can hear it, I just can't figure out how to record it though. If I "insert new midi track" and try to record to that, I get nothing. I'm pretty sure I've got all the audio configured correctly. Any help and advice would be VERY gratefully received as this is driving me nuts. Thank you.

recording midi

Hi. Do you have the midi track routed to the VSTi?
At the midi track, do you see a button with the #1 under it?
Click on that. The dropdown has options for routing the output.
Select the VSTi that you are using.

I hope this helps and I hope I'm making sense.

Good luck.

lynn

Hi. Do you have the midi track routed to the VSTi?
At the midi track, do you see a button with the #1 under it?
Click on that. The dropdown has options for routing the output.
Select the VSTi that you are using.

I hope this helps and I hope I'm making sense.

Good luck.

lynn

Hi Lynn, thanks a lot for your reply. I've done what you said and clicked on 'Korg Wavestation' as the VSTi. The midi output on the track is now set to WAVESTATION. MIDI Input is set to Auto. The Wavestation plays (and sounds great, check out the DebussyOnWheels patch!) but the Midi track is still not seeing it and I still can't record. When I arm and then press record I don't see a record level on the track like I do with the audio tracks. Tearing my hair out here! :confused: (but still smiling :) )

You won't see the level bar like recording audio. Just hit the arm record button, (the button will change but it's barely noticeable) and then hit the main record button. It should work.

You won't see the level bar like recording audio. Just hit the arm record button, (the button will change but it's barely noticeable) and then hit the main record button. It should work.

Thanks for the reply mate, but it still doesn't work :(

midi

One more question.....is there a track showing with no sound or no track at all after recording?

lynn

go to options< the preferences. click the tab that says audio devices, and make sure it is selected in the audio device type dropdown.

I prolly late but...and also I have Acid pro 7 so...

I had the same problem and I googled it that's how i ended up here, hehe. I actually figured it out 10 mins. ago while I was still reading these post. :)

I was messing around a click on freeze track by accident...when I looked in my folder I saw something call freeze track and it was a .wav file, I played it at there was music but the track actually recorded didn't have music on it.

Next step now is to figure out out the play it from m-audio keyboard. or how to record on my keyboard or how to record stuff i play from my keyboard and save it in acid pro. :)

Fantastic post. Bookmarked this site and emailed it to a few friends, your post was that great, keep it up.

*bump*

I'm having the same problem...

I have Sony Acid pro 7.0b

I have an m-audio Oxygen 25

First of all, I can't get it to accept my key maps, so the play stop fast forward, etc buttons don't work.
Second, I can't manually click record, start playing, and have it record inline into Acid;

Any help would be appreciated!

-K

Back