Can't record Audio tracks in Acid Pro 6

Zangel

Hey all! I am new here... and a total newb at all this keyboard to computer create to music stuff... so i naturally encountered a problem.. I did a search in the forums but couldn't find exactly what was going on.

Basically, I have a TRITON Extreme connected to my ‘puter via a USB, Updated driver as per the KORG site.

I am using ACID Pro 6 and I can record a MIDI track via the keyboard(and play it back via keyboard or SB Live! soundcard), but I cannot record an Audio track via the keyboard.

It seems (In the preferences tab an what not), only my soundcard is detected as an audio input device. I would just do it through MIDI but that confuses me as every time I change the keyboard voice all the tracks voices also change (therefore I am recording multiple tracks with only one voice… lame). I am sure there is a way to change this but I am such a newb at this stuff…

I would greatly appreciate any help

Do you mean publish the one midi track to a wav file to import it again? I didn't see any option to convert the track.

Also, I have plugged my keyboard directly into the soundcard via the light blue input jack and it still can't record an audio track.:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, you may have to do it that way. Midi is just information, no sounds. So when you record a midi track, all you are recording is the information such as note on and off messagers. When you play this information back and it is connected to your keyboard, the information tells the keyboard (or sound module or soft synth) what sounds to make. but the sounds aren't recorded with the midi track.

If you record the sounds to wav as the midi track plays, this will be an audio file.

A good resource to read through is here:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_get_started_with_midi.html

It sounds like you need to connect the audio output of your keyboard to the sound card. Keyboards have two 1/4" instrument jacks as audio outputs. Unless these are connected to your sound card you will not be able to record audio.

MIDI is just a set of instructions for the keyboard to play back as Audio. MIDI tells the keyboard what notes to hit, for how long and at what velocity. As Washburn said MIDI is NOT Audio.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Back