Bleeding issue with Acid 7

djescobar973

Hey everyone. Loving this site. I've been having some issues of my own using Acid 7. I use it to make mixes, I DJ. So I don't use instruments or anything like that. My set up is a 4 channel DJ mixer (x500), I use Rane Serato to play my music and I use a Denon MIDI controller (HC4500) to play those files. I have a Yamaha Audiogram 3 as my interface between my mixer and PC (1gb ram, pent 4 ghz, XP sp3) I have Acid installed on this PC. Issue: If I record my first track into Acid (arm to record IN), everything is fine. My waveforms are building on the fly as I'm recording. For whatever reason that I need to stop the recording I do. Now I want to continue the recording from that spot on. I insert a new track, arm for IN. I set the previous recorded track to arm OUT so I can hear what I recorded and record into that track with the new one. When I do this, While I'm recording my track (armed in) I'm picking up the previous track that I laid out. I've checked every setting possible. I'm using Yamaha USB drivers that I just installed last night. I need to be able to play out what I have recorded without it being picked up on the new track I'm trying to bring in. When I open my volume controls, (Sound & Audio Devices Properties) Under volume tab, my speaker is grayed out and the setting is set to the lowest setting. I'm unable to change that. Under the Audio tab, everything is set to the Yamaha USB Driver. Even within the Acid Preferences screen it's set to Yamaha USB Driver. I hope I was detailed as possible and sorry I wrote so much. I'm just hoping someone can over a suggestion. I forgot to mention that I disabled my PC's main audio card, I just assumed that something was being picked up from the mixer settings it provides. Maybe this is why It's grayed out and not accessible.

Back