Applying an Audio FX (effects) on a particular Selection of a Track in ACID Pro 7.0

ssroycal

I am using Sony ACID Pro 7.0 in my home recording studio for long time. I have seen that I can apply Audio effects (like Compression, Multi-Tap Delay, Reverb etc) using the Plug-in manager, but the effects applies to the entire track. Is there any way that I can apply a particular effect (Say REVERB) on a particular selection on a particular track (like what we can do in Sound Forge Pro)?

Also is there any tool (or way) in ACID Pro - using which we can "Mute" a particular selection of a track (as we have the "Mute" process in the Sound Forge Pro)?
Lastly, I want to know that in a stereo track (with L-R channels), can we select a single channel, copy its content and paste it in the other channel in ACID Pro - as we can easily do it in Sound Forge?

If there is a way to do these then I can use ACID Pro as a standalone application for Recording and Mixing. Currently I am using ACID Pro for recording & Sound Forge Pro for mixing - which is often causing me lot of trouble and I want to get rid of it ! :(

Regards
Sanjoy

You should be able to use envelopes to automate effects sends and/or returns. I bet the help files in Acid will tell you how.

I can understand that envelopes can resolves many of my above-mentioned concerns, but still it can't address one of the issues I mentioned before:

that is, in a stereo track (with L-R channels), can we select a single channel, copy its content and paste it in the other channel in ACID Pro - as we can easily do it in Sound Forge?
I need to know this - as my vocal recordings get recorded in a single channel of the stereo track in the ACID Pro.

~Sanjoy

I'm not sure if Acid Pro does this, but in Sony Vegas 6 you can right-click a block of audio and go down to a Channels submenu with options like Left Only, Right Only, Swap etc. That would fix the problem with your old stereo tracks with mono sources.

For new tracks you should be able to select a mono input so that your mono sources are recorded to mono tracks.

Back