acid pro and sonic foundry reverb/fx...

Eddie N

10 Inch Member
i recorded a flute harmony from my keyboard into acid pro ... using 2 seperate tracks i panned one full right and one full left.. and they were both fully seperated... then..i decided to add sonic foundry reverb to the track panned full left , and i lost my full pan left.. the track began " leaking " over to the right side... the funny part is , the monitor for the effect showed a signal ONLY on the left side , but yet , it was on both sides.. and the main acid mixer was showing signals on the left and right sides... when i lower the effect volume , my original pan left returns..and everything works perfectly.. I NEED HELP !!!

thanks...
- eddie -

Check their site for any updates of the software. For Vegas they mentioned that the build I bought had some really ugly sounding bugs that I never noticed. I downloaded the latest build and it included a noise gate plug-in that shows up on every newly inserted track. Might be a similar situation for Acid Pro. BTW. What's your opinion of the reverb plug-in other than the leakage problem?

well... i figured out how to solve my effect problem... if i just add the effect , then mix to a new track , and then pan it hard right/left , it works fine... but.. i think thats more difficult then it really should be... about the reverb , im no effects wizard , but i think that it works alright.. its pretty simple to use , not too technical...

ps.. what " sound bug " are you talking about in vegas ? when i record , i get a steady pop in the background .. i just figured it was my " built in to the compaq motherboard " soundcard , and that the problem would go away when i got a " real " soundcard... do you know anything about this ?
thanks....
- eddie -

Back