Acid Music Studio 5

Ricklh

Anyone here using this, or considered getting it? I saw it in my local Best Buy then looked it up on the web, looks interesting. I'm a guy with a Fostex digital 8-track but want to get more into recording software while trying to steer clear of a program that's too complex or with a steep learning curve. This program looks like it might be what I'm looking for.

rick. acid is very good at things like cutting up loops.
but if you want easy multitrack recording and lots of midi features...consider what i use...try the demo of powertracks pgmusic.com.
just try the demo. also there are free tutorials in the pg support
section dealing with all sorts of recording techniques.peace.

manning1 said:
rick. acid is very good at things like cutting up loops.
but if you want easy multitrack recording and lots of midi features...consider what i use...try the demo of powertracks pgmusic.com.
just try the demo. also there are free tutorials in the pg support
section dealing with all sorts of recording techniques.peace.

Thanks for the advice. I looked at powertracks a while back, but I'll check'em out again. Just went to the site and watched the overview tutorial. Is the training cd-rom that comes with the package pretty easy to follow? I don't have any midi instruments so I don't guess I'd use that feature - I'm into guitar & vocals, and a Yamaha keyboard (non-Midi). What I'd like to use this or other software program for is for mixing down tracks, adding effects, etc. that I have recorded on my Fostex MR-8. Would this program be good for that? And are there any drum loops in the program?

Last edited:
rick...if you detail exactly a list of features you NEED.
then i'll tell you anything it cant do. i'll also point you in the direction of a package that WILL.
the training and help i have not used in ages as i'm a long time user.
but other people ive turned onto it find it quick to get up and running.
there is a lot of help for newbies. and tech support is free.
though i never need to use it.
the best thing is to try the demo, and see if it fits your needs.

I'm thinking the new features in Acid kick ass. And I think it would kick even more ass if all those features made their way into Vegas.

rick. a lot of my songs on my song site were done over a long time in small and big studios , and with terrible gear and with good gear.
long before powertracks.

if you want to hear stuff done by pro's far better than i(very good engineers) , and want to hear
songs done with both powertracks , and band in a box...
visit the pg musicians web site. i think youll be impressed.
for some reason i cant fathom, some people here want to stop me posting about this great package.
so talk to other users on the pg forums, and you will see i'm not lying to you.
many on there use lots of different gear. peace.

It's not that people want you to stop posting about it. It's that they want you to stop posting about it ad nauseum. Whenever I see a post of yours I can be sure of 2 things before even reading it: 1) you will mention powertracks; 2) you will say "search under my name...". How long until searching under you name results in nothing but posts that say "try powertracks and search under my name?"

Im probably just as fanatically bad about sonic foundry vegas as this dude is about powerband or whatever

where can I learn about it?

pipeline. you can learn about it at pgmusic.com.
also check out the free tutorials in the support section.
whether you get it or not they are very handy.
also try the free demo.
vegas is a very fine pkge, but youll be surprised by the midi and many other digital audio features in powertracks for 49 bucks.peace.

it aint about the benjamins, its about the functions, and in vegas' case, its about the editing speed...I see garage band at pgmusic.com

where is powertracks?

manning1 said:
mad , every time i post like today. people ask for recording software.
That's a straight out lie manning. I thought you don't lie? Read your own posts and see that your answer to anything is powertracks and it's gettin real old. Look manning it's real simple, just stop spamming the boards here. :mad:

morningstar. as ive said before...i dont know what motivation you have for your strident attacks on me. and i would appreciate it if they stopped.
over the past year ive helped lots of folks on this bbs. and been thanked many many times.
if i dont mention the powertracks software....then folks new to recording looking for a good solution will miss out. ive turned several people on this board onto the product....and the responses have been things like
amazing product, and up and running in 5 minutes.
all people have to do if they think i'm lying is to try the product ,
or read the reviews at music123.com which gives the product a top 5 star rating. then once they try the product they will see your accusations
are false. and probably question what your motivation is for these attacks.

once again rick...ive given you references from users independent of me.
just demo the product and see if it fits your needs.

Ricklh:
If you're thinking about multitrack recording, I would certainly look towards other options for this. There are several packages which are prob. in the price range of the Acid software you're looking at.

Manning:
Why did Powertracks have to creep in here:
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=138336

I know, it's a personal vendetta against you :rolleyes: You'll never understand what we're getting at, and it can't be explained any other way. I'll go back to being quiet again....

Last edited:
warble. this is my last comment in this thread.
ive had a number of losses in my family over the last few years, and frankly i dont need these attacks, or any more upset in my life. as i said ive had a lot of people thank me.
all the poster has to do, as i said is try the product.

also warble...i dont know why you posted that thread link.
the guy had misconceptions about the amd 64 thinking it could only
be used for gaming. which is not so. this is ridiculous.
also - let me add, not once has the hrec moderator complained
to me or the owner of the board. the only people that complain,
are yourself and mornimgstar and a couple of others that
use competing products. which leads me to wonder the motivation
and the need to silence my recommendations.

remember a thread awhile back ?
someone asked for a software recommendation. i made my recommendation.you made your recommendation. i got attacked. and the person decided to go with my recommendation.peace.

Last edited:
Acid 5.0

I use Acid 4.0 Pro and it is a multi track (unlimted tracks) program that uses audio, midi tracks has great effects and is much better then any PG program which I have used also. You can download the full version of Acid 5.0 pro and give it a try
http://www.tucows.com/preview/209204.html
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/products/showproduct.asp?pid=928 before you buy for 30 days. Don't waste yor money on Power Tracks unless you are on a Low budget. You can download Fruity Loops also another multi track recording program with awesome effects loops, vst and so on. Good luck.

Back