Acid Music Moving files down changes it for some reason.

laurentkm3

Hello.

I'll try to explain the best I can.....

I have Sony Acid Pro 7. I play around with house music and try to create mashup/edits.

I'll get a song file and beatmap it. Once it beatmapped, I'll drag the file out where I see the entire waveform of the track.

From there, I'll start chopping (splitting by hitting "S") up the track. I cut the kick drums, kick drums with bassline, etc. Some songs have a bunch of elements that I want to chop up and move around, like extra snares, synth, etc.

I chop something up, with the downbeat starting at the beginning of the 1st kick drum and ending at the beginning of the 5th kick drum. So now I've got four kick drums (creating a loop) and I'll want to cut & past them back to back.

Then I'll do the same for another part of the song that has the bassline.

So if I split the track, I'll have a kick drum with a snare loop, it'll look like this.....

K-s-K-s-K-s-K-s

To keep track of the samples, I'll drag them down on the grid and this is when the problem occurs. I'll drag the file down (creating a new file on the grid), but what I chopped up has changed! It seems to have slide back! So now it looks like this....

s-K-s-K-s-K-s-K

Hopefully someone understands what I'm talking about and if you do, what am I doing wrong or what preferences need to be changed? I've hit F8 to turn off any type of snapping.

Hope some understands and will be able to help!

Thanks!

Back