acid leakage ?

Eddie N

10 Inch Member
friends....

everytime i record a new track with a track playing in the background , it records the background track AND the new track..... so im not getting seperate tracks... everything ends up all on one... do i have some sort of option enabled ? do i need to uncheck some box ? or is it my crappy " built in to the motherboard " soundcard ?

thanks....
- eddie -

Make sure you put your battery in a plastic battery box, and it won't leak acid all over the place...wait, this isn't rec.boats? Oh, sorry.

I'd bet you have the "monitor" box checked in your Windows volume control panel.

i clicked the lil volume icon on the windows tool bar and saw nothing labeled " monitor " ..i searched through the options and advanced properties but still found nothing... am i looking in the right place ? im also using my mic input on my soundcard because i cant get the line in to work... could that be the problem ? thanks for your help...

ps...i just noticed that my n track studio is doing it too...

pss... how do i store my user name and password again ?

- eddie -

Hey whats up Eddie, I am glad to see you using "acid" and having the same problems that I had too! well here goes, from what I know and I having been using acid for a while, like since it first came out in my local shop last year, and to my knowledge u cannot record a single track unless its the first track u do! other suggestion would be open acid up again (twice) then record then go back and mix! thats how I did it until I got soundforge 4.5 anyway I hope this sheds some new light on your ordeal, peace!

the sonic foundry people told me that either i need to unclick something somewhere in my soundcard settings or my soundcard sucks rabid furby butt... i found the little monitor box dragon spoke of , and it was unchecked ... :( so it looks as if im goin to the computer store for a 20 dollar soundcard for now... thanks guys..

- eddie -

okokok....now this is funny.. i bought a little 20 dollar pci soundcard at circuit city... i came home and opened up my crapaq , i mean compaq , and there were NO empty pci slots.. theres was one pci all together , and it was used by an isa converter that is home to my modem...no modem..no bbs :( .. but anyway..looks like its time for me to build a new computer.. yay !!

- eddie -

Back