Acid 7 Click Track

WangMauler

Hey All. Just wondering if anyone has figured out an easy way to convert the metronome to a click track - I've already setup my songs the way they need to be set with tempo/timing with the metronome....but short of using another recording program(or a separate version of acid) and setting the recording to mixer, I can't figure out a way to make a Click Track...any ideas?

Just use an instrument track to make the click of your choice. I am not familiar with ACID, but I am sure it is similar to Cubase. Just set your editor to 1/4 notes, or whatever you need, play the notes and export the track. Or whatever it is called in your DAW. :)

I should clarify, that I have already setup the metronome/song to be exactly what the click track needs to be. I just wish to OUTPUT the audio of just the click(metronome) in Sony Acid 7 to a separate audio file(wav,mp3, midi etc).

I'm trying to setup a click track for my bands songs for our new drummer, who plays to a click live. He's a machine.

Well, if Acid is like Cubase, that is sadly not possible. Wish it were. Hell, I would just like to be able to control the volume of it...

This may be an inelegant solution, but, you could get an 1/8" stereo splitter adapter (TRS male to two TRS females). Plug the adapter into the line out of your computer. Have you PC speakers connected to one of the two female ends. Take an 1/8" TRS male-to-male cable, plug it into the other female socket, and then plug the cable back into you computer's line-in. You can play the click track in ACID and then use Sound Forge or whatever to record it.
But of course keep in mind you would be outputting all of your computer's sounds to this cable, so if you were watching YouTube videos while doing this of course it would get mixed in with the click track.

This may be an inelegant solution, but, you could get an 1/8" stereo splitter adapter (TRS male to two TRS females). Plug the adapter into the line out of your computer. Have you PC speakers connected to one of the two female ends. Take an 1/8" TRS male-to-male cable, plug it into the other female socket, and then plug the cable back into you computer's line-in. You can play the click track in ACID and then use Sound Forge or whatever to record it.
But of course keep in mind you would be outputting all of your computer's sounds to this cable, so if you were watching YouTube videos while doing this of course it would get mixed in with the click track.

Oh lord, much easier to just create a click track with just about any VSTi. :)

Oh lord, much easier to just create a click track with just about any VSTi. :)

:) True story: I actually did this when I wanted to learn a piece of video game music. I wanted to learn one of the stage musics for The Guardian Legend for the NES. I haven't had an actual NES console in years so I can only play it through Nester. Nester has no way of saving audio to a file, so I did what I mentioned above.

Back