vs 880ex or my computer??

ZBQ

I recently purchased the vs880ex but i also have a pII400 with a 7.4 gig HD and a 128 meg RAM do i need the 880? Is there any way the two can benefit from one another? thanks...ZBQ

[This message has been edited by ZBQ (edited 08-12-1999).]

[This message has been edited by ZBQ (edited 08-12-1999).]

You can absolutely benefit from having both the 880 and a great computer. I have found the 880 to be great for recording tracks and adding some great effects. For maximun benefit, you should transfer those tracks onto your computer for use with editing, mixing and mastering software. I have had fantastic results recording this way and highly recommend it. Good luck.

You can absolutely benefit from having both the 880 and a great computer. I have found the 880 to be great for recording tracks and adding some great effects. For maximun benefit, you should transfer those tracks onto your computer for use with editing, mixing and mastering software. I have had fantastic results recording this way and highly recommend it. Good luck.

I agree with crEEk. Try cut/copy/paste on the 880, then try it on the PC. Much easier to do with good software than on the 880. Datasonics has some interesting software for controlling the 880 via MIDI, and Emagic is supposed to have their Logic VS out end of August. I'm waiting to see how the Logic VS software turns out. I already record a pre-master into the PC using the digital out on the 880, then master the wav file before burning CDs.

Back