VS-1680 internal effects compared to external

warble

I have a dbx digital dynamics processor, and an Alesis Quadraverb2 effects unit. I hoped to use the dbX unit for compression of vocal tracks, etc. and the Alesis for nice quality reverbs. I've recorded on the 1680 using the internal effects and like what I've heard thus far. I'm thinking of getting rid of the two external units and going with another 1680 effects expansion card. Has anyone used the internal effects on stuff like vocal track compression, drum track(s) compression and finally mastering compression with sound results? I've only used the reverbs. Should I can the dbX and the Alesis? Any input would be great...........

I've used the internal effects on just about everything! I have 2 effects cards and am amazed at the quality of the effects. You can fine tune all of the effects and save and name them as user effects. I don't bother with any external units-quite frankly, the quality of the reverbs and delays are equal to some of the more expensive rack units out there. I also get some great guitar sounds ( again, spend the time to fine tune -it really pays off).

Back