Using Boss DR-880 with Boss BR-1600 - Changing Patterns when Using Midi

dptone5

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use my Boss DR-880 Rhythm machine with my Boss BR-1600. I have the MIDI cables connected properly and can get the devices synched, with the BR-1600 serving as the master.

I am not using any loop phrases, bass pattern or drums on the BR-1600. They are all set to audio input. Using the multi-track input (and it does the same thing with stereo), when I press play with the BR-1600, it alters the pattern of the DR-880. It adds fills and cymbals!! :(

I am using a simple pattern on the DR-880 (#22 - Guitar Rock). If I hit play on the DR-880 and not on the 1600, it plays through the BR-1600 (using inputs 7 and 8), and it is fine. If I start playing by using the BR-1600, it alters the pattern.

I don't understand why this happens?? I don't want to create an entire song on the DR-880 only to have it altered when trying to sync and record it on the BR-1600.

Is this a MIDI issue that needs to be corrected by changing settings? Please helps!!

Thanks!

DP

Got everything working today. I believe I had it in Arrange mode instead of pattern and there was an arrangement playing in the background.

Really liking the options the BR-1600 gives for rhythms. The internal drum machine is very good, the Discrete drum loops are very cool and having the DR-880 gives such excellent flexibility.

DP

Back