using the 880 in live performance

Jon Arterton

Newbie needs help! I have a VS-880 Expanded and it scares me to death. Can anyone help me?
I think what I need is a "sampler" but I'm not sure. I'm a vocalist who would like to be able to sing a short musical phrase into a microphone, and have it loop over and over while I add a second part on top of it, and then a third part, a fourth, etc. And then I'd like to begin a new section, layering on layers; then perhaps be able to come back to the first section.
I repeat: I'm not techno-literate - in fact I'm technoverwhelmed. Any help would be gratefully received.

Jon, good news and bad news. The good news is you do not ned a sampler to do what you are asking. The VS880ex can loop a phrase over and over again. You Can use the very machine you have to do exactly everything you listed above. Layer tracks, loop, insert and so on. The bad news is there is no way in hell I can explain how to in ten easy words. Tell you what though, VS planet has a few step by step how to do sheets. Dig in your manual a bit or better still nab the video manual. and then I will give it a shot if you need more details. fair?

Back