Track Bleeding?

Otter

Hey guys a wierd thing happened tonight. I recorded 3 tracks
bass
guitar
synth
When i recorded the Bass track (the 3rd track I recorded) it bled onto the guitar track(track1). I dont get it now I have a track with 2 instruments on it and it sucks.
What did I do wrong?

This happened to me once. Turned out the be wayward effects routing. If that's not it, then I'm at a loss...

Check all your sources. Input volumes ~ track assignment routing, Aux sends ....I once got the same leakage from an Aux send I forgot about.

I wish there was a small "reset routing" button so that all your EZ-Routing and patching would go to "zero" and turn all inputs off.

Hey...< the gerbil in Fred's Head stops running > I suppose you could make an EZ-Routing set-up that was just that ~ a blank set-up.....hmmmmm

Otter:

Have you tried to initialize your mixer settings? When I have many changes to my routings and or effects and I get lost to the point of I don't know what I have done. I just re-set my mixer settings. You go to you systems icon. Then scoll over 1 screen. There should be an icon for "initialize mixer." This is either under the systems settings or the Utility settings. I don't have my machine next to me. But if you get lost, e-mail me and I will be happy to tell you exactly where it is once i get home.

The reason for your problem may be a cause of effects also. Are you using any effects? Do you have them set to pre or post? If it is on pre and then you turn down that channel, you will still hear the effect.

Back