Roland VS 2480

El Tel

Hi Roland people,.,
I am new to home recording and im struggling with technology, terminoligy.., and especially manuals!
Can anyone offer advice as to where a complete begginer such as myself could get help.,. getting started with a VS 2480 recording consol?
Any online help?

El Tel

Go over to VS Planet and grab a copy of Frank's Guide:

It's a sticky link in the 2480 forum

He does a good job of simplifying this marvelous beast.

Also, if you don't have the Owner Manual, etc., they are available free of charge at the Roland website.

d

I am familiar with my VS2480. Have a 40 gb hd it’s scsi connectors . In 2007 I was up until 4amrecording layering a softy solo. Got it perfect. Saved it. Shut down. Next day
My 15 yr old son & his buddy had recorded addl music in a partition that I believe filled the hd. I finall y got a notice hd is damaged back up all songs on zip 100mb drives, then reinitialize, them update to new Roland version software. I bought another CD burner which had two bins. I became disabled. I’m recovering. The CD burner & software update is gone I’ve moved. Anyone know where I can get the 2x update and a burnerthat will work with the scsi connection. Have 300 discs 100mb new & a scsi Zip drive. Help.

I don't have a VS2480, but I've had SCSI hardware in the past.

SCSI hardware will be tough to find, but you might be able to find a refurbished drive via NewEgg if you have an enclosure. Sometimes you can find an old Apple SCSI CD drive on Ebay. That would probably be the most likely place to find one. I wonder if one of these would work SCSI Apple Drive on Ebay

A friend have some SCSI CD drive also writer as well , for sale ,
it's the 2480 compatible with old Yamaha , Teac , Plextor , etc.. SCSI CD-R ?
cheers

I don't have a VS2480, but I've had SCSI hardware in the past.

SCSI hardware will be tough to find, but you might be able to find a refurbished drive via NewEgg if you have an enclosure. Sometimes you can find an old Apple SCSI CD drive on Ebay. That would probably be the most likely place to find one. I wonder if one of these would work SCSI Apple Drive on Ebay
I appreciate the immediate response. I’ve been looking on ebay, Reverb, other places. I haven’t checked out NewEgg though they keep sending me offers for credit! I know the Zip drives have to be written onto Roland initialized 100mb zips. Done from the console. I appreciate your help.

A friend have some SCSI CD drive also writer as well , for sale ,
it's the 2480 compatible with old Yamaha , Teac , Plextor , etc.. SCSI CD-R ?
cheers
I’ve seen some Plextors. Roland used to use Que which stopped production in 2012. The 2480VS is compatible with older cdr cdrw. What I don’t know yet is why I bought that newer drive that disappeared during my move. Once I’ve got the songs backed up to Roland initialized 100mb Zip drives. I reinitialize the hard drive then update the firmware to vs 2.x then load the zips back one at a time. From there I am able to burn them to cdrw. What a mess. Better than dying! I’ll get back to you.

I am familiar with my VS2480. Have a 40 gb hd it’s scsi connectors . In 2007 I was up until 4amrecording layering a softy solo. Got it perfect. Saved it. Shut down. Next day
My 15 yr old son & his buddy had recorded addl music in a partition that I believe filled the hd. I finall y got a notice hd is damaged back up all songs on zip 100mb drives, then reinitialize, them update to new Roland version software. I bought another CD burner which had two bins. I became disabled. I’m recovering. The CD burner & software update is gone I’ve moved. Anyone know where I can get the 2x update and a burnerthat will work with the scsi connection. Have 300 discs 100mb new & a scsi Zip drive. Help.
Here is the Sweetwater site with compatible SCSI Drives - and here is Ebay auctions with the drives.. First thing I would do is transfer all your SCSI saves to a DAW - being on an antiquated system is asking for trouble - and the risk is high that you SCSI products will fail.

Back