Problems with my Boss BR800

Wildtown

Hey there,
Im having trouble using BR800 as control surface on the bundled DAW software (Sonar LE). Basically I have some tracks that I want to record to Sonar from the Boss BR800.

So far I have done the following

• Installed the usb driver
  • tested it by using the rhythm editor
  • Added the the boss as a controller in sonar

Cant seem to get sonar to recognize the tracks I have already recorded on the Boss BR800

Any help appreciated

Hey Thanks for the Reply,
I hadn't thought of that one as my understanding (wrongly) was that tracks could be transported via usb directly to Sonar, oh well no big deal will just take a little longer to do. One thing is still bugging me though not sure how Im going to record my chosen rhythm track?? From looking at the wave converter there is no mention of the rhythm track. Also I presume it would require manual start/stop recording as the rhythm is constant and will only stop when instructed.

Any help appreciated

The rhythm track isn't recorded at all on the BR-800, it simply adds the audio to the mix. One way to get the track is to convert the other tracks to WAV with the Boss utility, then mute all the tracks except the rhythm track, and run the audio to the recorder (with the recorder in USB interface mode) and record the audio on a Sonar track. Yeah, that sucks, but works. I don't bother with all that, rather, I use EZDrummer (with Reaper). I record all my tracks to tempo (either a click or sometimes a drum pattern) and then add EZDrummer patterns to an audio track in Reaper.

It's a shame Boss didn't allow the rhythms to be transferred as midi files, though. Maybe next time ...

First you program the arrangement of the rhythm track - start, stop, breaks, changes in patterns. Sounds like you are just picking a rhythm pattern and letting it repat and repeat and ...
Record it to a track, then USB it out to the WAV converter.
Most people are using this recorder to do a mixdown on the recorder, that's when it gets recorded as audio - in the mix.

I just got an email from David Wills over an ProAudioDVD's and his new video on the BR-800 is in final production. I asked him if he would be doing anything with the "Rhythm Editor" and he said he has a whole section on it...

I have programed a few patterns in Rhythm Editor, but didn't like the sound. Right now I prefer my DR-880.

I use EZDrummer (with Reaper). I record all my tracks to tempo (either a click or sometimes a drum pattern) and then add EZDrummer patterns to an audio track in Reaper.

Is there much of a learning curve to EZDrummer? Will it work with any DAW software?, i.e. does it export as WAV files?

Hi I have a Boss BR800 and I have been deleting tracks in hopes of freeing up space on my SD card does anyone know if that works or how to free up space on a SD card with the BR800 thanks in advance

Back