Please help....1680 mixing down effects hell...

Masala

Well, I am have two problems, and I dont know if they are seperate or connected.

First, I have data on track 1-8 that I want to mix down to a stereo signal on 15/16, from which I will burn my cd. Here my problem:

I assign track 1-8 to imput into track 15/16.
I then press the status button on 15/16 so that it is blinking red.
I then press play and press that blinking red on 15/16 so it alternates red/orange, so I can run through and check levels and do all the junk I want to do.

Well, the levels on 15/16 are way maxed out, and none of the faders will effect the levels on 15/16. In addition, any tracks that I have effects applied to are seeming to act indipendently of the rest. So, if I lower track 15/16, the level of track 15/16 stays the same, but the volume of all the tracks imputing into it goes down EXCEPT any tracks that have effects applied to them.

I am under the impression that this all has to do with routing and such, which is confusing the hell out of me.

So, why wont the fader levels effect the amount of signal going to my mixdown tracks?

Why is my mixdown track peeeking out, and I seemingly cant control it?

Why are any tracks that I have applied effects too, acting diffferently than tracks I haventmixdown and burn my first CD...help please?
applied effects to?

Man, all I want to do is mix down and burn my first cd....any help?

im not exactly sure about the effects but i think i can help you out on the rest. first make sure that you have the light next to "track" lit and not the one next to "in" (both located above the master fader). if you have "in" lit youre controlling the input volume and that has no control over the playback of previously recorded tracks. also you may want to set the meters to post fader instead of pre fader. this will allow you to see the level of the play back instead of the level that is was originally recorded at and you should see the level go down as you bring the fader down. to do this hit the page button until you see "post/pre". hit which ever f button is below the post/pre and this should get you to post fader metering. on a side note how long have you had your 1680? ive had mine a year and a half and im still learning all kinds of stuff about it.

Thanks for the info DDS, I think the pre/post fader part was the problem...very cool.

I have had the 1680 for about 3 months...and I am just amazed at what it can do. It seems the deaper I dig into this thing, the less I seem to know about it. hehe Little by little I am learning it, I just wish the manual was ALOT better. The learning curve is alrady tough without being only given half the info you need to go on. hehe oh well.

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

Thanks again.

Back