OK-Realllllllllllllllllly Stupid VS-880 Question...

wire-shock

How do I hook up monitors to my vs-880 and still be able to run L / R out to a tape deck for mix-down? The damn thing only has 1 set of Master OUT L/R jacks! My monitor inputs are 1/4" too. Can someone please help me!?!?

not such a stupid question, more of a dilema. Firstly yes the master outs there are for the monitors. And you are doomed to the fact that they are RCA jacks. Therefore you have one of two options there: you can buy a pair of 1/4 to rca adaptors and go that route, or as I did, buy a pair of rca ends, cut the speaker wires and make one end rca forever. Now the output to cassette is a whole different game. Anyone can feel free to correct me on this but the 880 is not abundantly blessed with outs. I run my whole mix out from the damned headphone jack if I want it in an analog unit. A stereo y is not too pricey and will get the job done. Its that or you need to dump everything out from the digital and into something that will understand the signal (most cassette players do not do digital). So theres your deal in a nutshell. You can solve the whole deal with a trip to radio shack. this will be one of the few times in your life where you will be able to actually get what you need at that evil store.

Even

Back