The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

hi ME TOO so plug in the usb cable, go on the boss website and download the BRWC310 driver. look for it in your down load folder and double click it
a BR Series wave convertor pops up. go onto br800 MENU / USB / WAVE CONVERTOR / ENTER2 wait till folder appears on PC - dont bother with the sketch folder its still empty but linking the br800 to the pc helps. look at the Wave Convertor file when opened if you have loads of tracks highlighted on it choose the tracks with the masters on it - usually track 7/8 and the last v track - MST its called - click start on the file and it'll download to your Downloads folder on C drive - a unique folder BRCW310 will be there might even be 2 of them - open them up to see the wav file there
yeah nothing i do is easy

hi ME TOO so plug in the usb cable, go on the boss website and download the BRWC310 driver. look for it in your down load folder and double click it
a BR Series wave convertor pops up. go onto br800 MENU / USB / WAVE CONVERTOR / ENTER2 wait till folder appears on PC - dont bother with the sketch folder its still empty but linking the br800 to the pc helps. look at the Wave Convertor file when opened if you have loads of tracks highlighted on it choose the tracks with the masters on it - usually track 7/8 and the last v track - MST its called - click start on the file and it'll download to your Downloads folder on C drive - a unique folder BRCW310 will be there might even be 2 of them - open them up to see the wav file there
yeah nothing i do is easy this is for the guy with the empty sketch folder

yeah nothing i do is easy this is for the guy with the empty sketch folder

Thanks for the detailed instructions!

I am trying to perform a simple vocal recording to demonstrate stereo recording using external dynamic mics via inputs 1 and 2. During playback there is very loud hiss during vocal sounds but silence between vocal sounds. In other words, the hiss seems to be induced during recording of a sound but disappears between the notes. Is this more likely to be a function of the microphones or of the BR-800? Thanks.

I am trying to perform a simple vocal recording to demonstrate stereo recording using external dynamic mics via inputs 1 and 2. During playback there is very loud hiss during vocal sounds but silence between vocal sounds. In other words, the hiss seems to be induced during recording of a sound but disappears between the notes. Is this more likely to be a function of the microphones or of the BR-800? Thanks.
Check the COSM efx — are you running any compression, etc. on the inputs? This is the first thing I’d check.

Follow-up. I tried with COSM effects disabled and the on/off hiss effect disappeared. Now I notice another noise problem ...there's a moderate background hiss all the time during playback. This is regardless of whether playback is via headphone output or line (RCA) output. I'm playing back through my home stereo amp and speakers. Oddly, disconnecting the white RCA cable eliminates the hiss as does turning mic one gain all the way down. But disconnecting the red RCA cable or turning down mic 2 gain has no effect. And if I swap mic and mic cables between inputs 1 and 2, the noise remains associated with input 1. I can't find any difference in the settings between inputs 1 and 2 except panning.

Copy the song instead of creating a new one. Rename the copy. Erase all the audio tracks. Now you'll have access to the previous drum tracks. Every time you start a new song, repeat the steps above and you'll have access to all your drum patterns until you run out of empty user patterns; when that happens, create a new song and start from scratch, or erase patterns to free up space. Your previous songs will still have the patterns erased in the current song.

Peace.
I just now ...two years
I'm having a problem with the BR-800 as an audio interface into Ableton Live 10.

The BR is set up for 4 mic input and USB connection set to "Control Surface "

Ableton doesn't see 4 separate tracks however. Instead it only sees a stereo 1/2 input. Input Configuration in Ableton doesn't allow selection of 4 separate track inputs.

Is this an ASIO driver problem? Do Ableton and the BR800 just not work together well?

Thanks very much.
Replying to my own question as it might help others. I have discovered that the BR-800 allows only 2 tracks out for input to a DAW. Regardless of how many tracks are recorded in the BR-800 it will send out only two .I don't remember whether it sends information from only two tracks or whether it combines information from all tracks into two.

Check the COSM efx — are you running any compression, etc. on the inputs? This is the first thing I’d check.
Disabling COSM effects did seem to eliminate the problem but now I'm trying to figure out how to deal with a continuous background hiss during playback. It seems to be coming from the BR-800 electronics and specifically the mic 1 circuitry. But I may be misinterpreting what's going on.

Disabling COSM effects did seem to eliminate the problem but now I'm trying to figure out how to deal with a continuous background hiss during playback. It seems to be coming from the BR-800 electronics and specifically the mic 1 circuitry. But I may be misinterpreting what's going on.
If it's apparent only during playback, while the input sensitivity is dialed all the way down, then yes, I'm leaning towards your conclusion: the BR800 is malfunctioning, and it's not due to user error. Does this issue persist if you use the 1/4 inch input, instead of the XLR? Because if the 1/4 inch input is good, you might be able to get an XLR to 1/4 inch adapter, because the 1/4 inch inputs accept both balanced and unbalanced signals. Does the hiss continue if nothing is connected to input 1, and the input trim is dialed all the way down? I hate to say it, but you're running out of options.

Mystery connector pad on br800. I opened my spare br800 to fix a bad fader ( previous owner spill something). the main board has a 10 pin box for a connector header. I wonder is boss had plans for another feature. The pad appears to have 6 traces to it. I am going to do some test in the new year to see if I can figure it ok. Fingers crossed it is midi out.

Back