Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey, sorry it took so long. Been busy. To answer your question, yes you can import a WAV file to the BR-800 (as a song sketch - then transfer this to a track). The BR-800 also comes with a little software, the Wave Converter, so that you can converter the tracks on the BR-800 to WAV format to your computer.

Take care,
    TBOF

Thanks
    Here's my latest composition made entirely with the BOSS BR-800 (except for the old tube organ which was recorded with a Korg Karma worstation). Thanks for listening.

Ridin' The Big Keef

Take care,

Thanks
    I'm noticing what seems like a little phase issue with the left and right-panned rhythm guitar tracks. Don't know if you can listen to the mix in mono on the BR800, but that's a good technique with a DAW to ensure there are no phase issues.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    I'm noticing what seems like a little phase issue with the left and right-panned rhythm guitar tracks. Don't know if you can listen to the mix in mono on the BR800, but that's a good technique with a DAW to ensure there are no phase issues.

LOL !! That's due to my sloppy guitar playing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TBOF View Post
    LOL !! That's due to my sloppy guitar playing.
    No, I don't think so, but if you played two identical guitar parts with same fx (most especially a time-based phasing fx like a flanger or phaser), then you could get a phase problem whether you panned them 10% left and right or not. I noticed that when I first tried recording with Line 6 Gearbox and Audacity. Because the FX is starting its cycle at different times on each take, they can conflict.
    Take your guitar tracks on the song, mute the other tracks and pan both to the center (same as mono then) and listen, you will probably hear what I was hearing in your mix.

To prevent that these days, I never record the same exact guitar part for multiple guitar tracks. I'll switch how its played, change the effects and tone, play the same part up the neck, etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TBOF View Post
    Here's my latest composition made entirely with the BOSS BR-800 (except for the old tube organ which was recorded with a Korg Karma worstation). Thanks for listening.
    Hi, recently got myself the br-800.

Did you edit the drum track in the rhythm editor first?

Thanks
    With my BR600 I would just set a constant simple beat while tracking the intiial scratch track(s), then go back and edit in the changes. If I put in any tempo changes, I'd record a new scratch track and do it all again.

Thanks
    Just done my first mastered track, used a rhythm pattern and added bass, ac guitar and vocal tracks.

Sounds good but for vocals i used the external mics and every time i come in there is a hiss, a bit annoying!

Probablty something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Do you mean the INTERNAL mics? IF there is a 'hiss' before you start singing, it is probably compression happening. Turn off all the COSM fx (usually the reorder defaults to a fx-on setting when you switch to the mics).

Thanks

Exclamation Custom Pattern Woes

I just bought a BR-800 and like it overall.

I am stumped by the fact that I can't use custom patterns, created with the included Rhythm Editor software, in recordings. Actually, I have been able to use a custom 6/8 pattern in ONE song, but the pattern will not play in any other songs and I can't even preview it. It's amazing. The pattern is there - I can switch between it and one other custom pattern as well as any preset pattern within one particular song, but any other existing or new songs will not accept it as a valid pattern.

Surely this is not a sign that custom patterns are somehow SONG SPECIFIC, and not usable in any other song,which would be ridiculous and useless. Anyone else having this trouble? Any way around it? If not, this is a deal killer and it'll go back to the store, I think.

Thread Information