Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi, not been here for a while. I have just got a new Apple Mac High Sierra. I need to install Mac USB drivers to work Garageband. Where can I get this...also, is this all I need to get to start GB? thanks . Ian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipri View Post
    Hi, not been here for a while. I have just got a new Apple Mac High Sierra. I need to install Mac USB drivers to work Garageband. Where can I get this...also, is this all I need to get to start GB? thanks . Ian
    Hi, Ian.

I don't use any of that gear, so I just looked around for some info. There was no mention of USB drivers required to use
    Garageband. If it came preinstalled on your Mac, you probably just need to locate it's icon in whatever area it's hiding,
    then click it to get it started. If you downloaded it - the same... unless it installed itself in some other area, and
    you'll need to look around for it. Might need to move a few things to their proper folders - I can't help with that.

If you're also using an external audio interface to connect mics and instruments to record and/or listen with, then that
    should probably require the USB driver. Are you using one of those?

I can't help you much, just with what I dug up there. Someone here using a Mac will probably jump in here and clear it up.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

Thanks
    Thanks for that,. I should have posted a better explanation. I have GB on my Mac. I comes up no problem. But when I connect my BR 800...there is nothing to show the computer that the machine has connected.Any Mac folk out there?

Thanks
    PS I have the original DVD with the driver for Mac OS X. I don't know if this will work on my brand new Mac.

Thanks
    You can install the driver you have onto your Mac, and if that doesn't work you can get a new one H E R E

That page will also guide you through setting up the BR-800 - but you must have the driver installed first.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

Thanks
    The BR800 is USB2 Audio Class compliant. It doesn't need drivers on the Mac, or Linux.

It is also a recorder. As an interface, it will only allow 2 channels in and 2 channels out. At least, that's what my failing memory tells me.

You just need to select it in System Preferences/Sound. If MIDI is involved, you might also need to set it up in Utilities/Audio Midi setup.

I don't remember if the recorder's internal storage mounts as a disc on the desktop. I think you can find that in the manual.
    MB Pro, FF400, AKG C451-C1/CK8, NT1, B5, MD21, Korg RC168, DEQ830, ADA8000...

Thanks
    Tried everything...no sound. Have installed drivers. Maybe need to get one of the simple plug in type of interface. Thanks anyway Ian

Thanks
    Im using pre sonus studio one 4. I dont like the audibox 2. I like the sound of acoustic through the boss br800. Is it easy to just set it up as my interface for daw.

---------- Update ----------

Im using pre sonus studio one 4. I dont like the audibox 2. I like the sound of acoustic through the boss br800. Is it easy to just set it up as my interface for daw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashmee View Post
    So in order for me to utilize a 3/4 pattern that I previously created for one song in a different song, I have to re-create it from scratch and re-write it to the BR-800? (Is that really how bad the design is?)

Is there any way for me to at least copy it over without re-creating it note by note?
    Copy the song instead of creating a new one. Rename the copy. Erase all the audio tracks. Now you'll have access to the previous drum tracks. Every time you start a new song, repeat the steps above and you'll have access to all your drum patterns until you run out of empty user patterns; when that happens, create a new song and start from scratch, or erase patterns to free up space. Your previous songs will still have the patterns erased in the current song.

Peace.

Thanks
    Has anyone used the BR-800 for live backing tracks?

Peace.

Thread Information