Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I have nothing further to add. I just got sick of seeing Bubba's name as last commenter on a thread in this forum. Been there for months...

Time for a change.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I bought my BR800 at the end of November 2015 (couple of weeks back), new, from my local Music Store. It did not come with a DVD. Instead, there was a packing note saying Roland no longer supplied the DVD. They say that all necessary files are available to download from the Roland site. This was also noted in the accompanying BR800 User Manual.
    There is a problem that I am having connecting the BR800 to my laptop(OS Windows 10) as the driver is NOT on the Roland site. When you download their link for Windows 10, you get a word instruction saying that you PC or Laptop will auto download the BR800 driver when using Windows 10. I can assure you this didn't happen for me. I contacted Roland UK by phone, they logged my contact details and they sent an email saying they have requested the Windows 10 driver for the BR800, from their facility in Japan. Once they have it, they will call me and talk me through the set up. Current problems are that the Drum Pattern Editor, WAV convertor etc. can't detect the BR. After hours of investigation, there were some intermittent connections but when I disconnected the BR and reconnected, the laptop could not find the BR. Very frustrating. When I get the Windows 10 driver and have the setup 100% working, I will share the solution and driver with people who have the same / similar problems using this Windows OS.

Thanks

WinX-64 driver OK

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth View Post
    ...they have requested the Windows 10 driver for the BR800, from their facility in Japan. Once they have it, they will call me and talk me through the set up. Current problems are that the Drum Pattern Editor, WAV convertor etc. can't detect the BR. After hours of investigation, there were some intermittent connections but when I disconnected the BR and reconnected, the laptop could not find the BR. Very frustrating. When I get the Windows 10 driver and have the setup 100% working, I will share the solution and driver with people who have the same / similar problems using this Windows OS.
    i am running the BR800 connected to a WinX 64-bit machine with no trouble*. Used this driver...

Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 10/29/2015
    Driver Version: 10.0.10586.0
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

*When I said "no trouble" I do have an unresolved issue that I doubt is related to the USB: The playback via USB is not dry audio -- it appears as if the Master FX or some COSM Effects (very slight reverb that can be heard to continue after playback is stopped) is still in the signal chain even though both have been disabled. I have a support email logged with Roland, but have not yet received a response. Suggestions?

Thanks
    Hi...started using my Boss ME 25 again...still find that when I change parameters...the change doesn't kick in until I roll the rotary control back and forth. Any fixes for this yet? thanks...sorry if wrong forum!

Thanks
    I recently purchased the BOSS BR800. When I plug in my guitar and mic at the same time I cannot get sound through the headphones or external speaker. The mic is not a phantom but the instructions for plugging both mic and guitar simultaneously were to plug the mic into Input 4. The sound is almost non-existent. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Race View Post
    I recently purchased the BOSS BR800. When I plug in my guitar and mic at the same time I cannot get sound through the headphones or external speaker. The mic is not a phantom but the instructions for plugging both mic and guitar simultaneously were to plug the mic into Input 4. The sound is almost non-existent. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
    There is no speaker on a BR800, is there?
    Can you hear anything in headphones when just using either the mic or the guitar (but not both)? Are you selecting the inputs correctly? You have to select them in the track(s) itself, right?
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Hello everyone. I'm Logan. New to home recording. Have a bossBR800. Still a whole lot to learn. Currently recording on tracks 1-4 and mastering-7/8. Unfortunately can't figure out how to record 2 additional tracks for song. Just became a memember here. I'll spend some time tonight reading through the threads for some answers. Great to be here.

Thanks
    I use the BR 800 with the BOSS Rhythm Editor, so far so good, but I really donīt get where the BR800 stores my arrangements... I mean I create arrangements, all good, and then click "write arrangement" and store it to letīs say SOng 001, then close the connection and everytime I want to use the arrangement on the BR800 its---gone. Any help anybody? Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by divenick View Post
    I use the BR 800 with the BOSS Rhythm Editor, so far so good, but I really donīt get where the BR800 stores my arrangements... I mean I create arrangements, all good, and then click "write arrangement" and store it to letīs say SOng 001, then close the connection and everytime I want to use the arrangement on the BR800 its---gone. Any help anybody? Thanks!!!!
    It's not on tracks 7/8 when you recall that song? If not, then not sure what to advise, but I'm not familiar with the BRE.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    This device is worthy of a bump.

I found a BR-800 for $100 the other day. Being 1/3rd of the sold listings for used, this seemed a good move.

Although the build quality leaves something to be desired, the device seems to work fine. The only oddity I encountered so far is it doesn't always like to boot up when switched to USB, and plugged into a PC. It will however function normally with the PC while turned "on".

Features-wise, this thing is perhaps even beyond one's wildest Tascam dreams of the 80's. The orange monochrome display looks straight out of that decade, and pretty sexy opposite a black case with a few knobs and what looks and functions like a TNG LCARS panel.

Probably the most noteworthy feature is having 4 inputs, and able to do full 4-track recording. Even just the option of 3, for stereo piano + vocal, is something most MTRs of this niche can't do.

I've made a few recordings with it so far, and it's come in extremely handy for work projects. This is one of the best songcrafting sketchpads out there.

The FX are also a strength here. While the build quality is not pro, the FX are. You can make anything from quick demos, to perfectly acceptable completed works, with this device. An expression pedal can be connected to use in conjunction with the FX.

About the only thing it lacks is a MIDI sync capability with loopers.

Thread Information