Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BOSS BR-800 Thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Thanks for reply. I have actually found a way - just open up a new project and you can paste the tracks there, really easy. My bad. But I canīt make them sound. When I push play, no sound. I was trying to play with volume, but there are just too many buttons. Maybe I am missing something. And, do you think, I should use Sonar 8.5 LE or rather Sonar X2 (friend is selling it)?

Thanks
    Maybe I should mention that I have 5.1 sound system. I really want to use the software (either sonar 8.5 le or sonar x2) only for editing. Lets say I record a song with piano, guitar, keys, bass and voice. I record every instrument 5-6 times and than I edit it in the program. I mean cutting so I would have flawless tracks. All the tutorials on the internet seem to be focused on how to actually record with Sonar while I want to use it only for editing and cutting. In other words - I want to make my recording as easy as possible So anyone using it like this?

Thanks
    i really need some help. all i want to do is plug my mic in line 1 plug my guitar in line 2 or the guitar imput and then record but all im getting is guitar no mic sound. ive tried messing about with things but all i get is either the built in mics or just some awful vocal sound in one ear.

they make these things so hard. driving me crazy .

Thanks
    If your microphone is a condensor, then it needs phantom power and needs to be plugged into input 4.
    Have you read the manual? Page 30 tells you how the 'SOURCE' function needs to be set for recording various things.
    You can access the manual here: BOSS U.S. - Product Manuals
    Last edited by mjbphotos; 08-15-2013 at 13:13.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    whats a consenor mic. i got a dynamic one,
    not impressed with the 800 so far. ive tried recording but the mic sound is so low and lifeless and sounds distorted . cant see how its possible to record a good song or sing well as there's no power to it and sounds so bad. is there some kind of setting i should be using ive tried all sorts. imput 4 imput 1 and all the various sounds but that changes the guitar as well. complicated business.
    i miss the tape 4 tracks so easy plug guitar in plug mic in and record and sounded good then add what you want. these digital ones are a nitemare.
    all i want is to play and sing and record it lol then add stuff afterwards. depressing it is. though i do panic lol
    any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I imagine if your mic sounds weak that you need to adjust the gain (input level) - it's all in the manual. What microphone are you using?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    I imagine if your mic sounds weak that you need to adjust the gain (input level) - it's all in the manual. What microphone are you using?
    i'm using a yoga 5x 528

whats the best way to record with mic and guitar to ensure a good sound . guess thats my problem

Thanks
    never heard of it. A google shows a FX-528 made in Taiwan. I venture to say you need a decent mic first.

Thanks
    I have an ME-25 effects unit....I like the preset sounds..Does my BR 800 have the same presets?....and..can I transfer them from ME 25 to BR 800? thanks. Ian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipri View Post
    I have an ME-25 effects unit....I like the preset sounds..Does my BR 800 have the same presets?....and..can I transfer them from ME 25 to BR 800? thanks. Ian
    I doubt it (to both questions).
    Record the 'wet' ME25 output - remember that when recording guitar, less distortion is 'more'.

Thread Information