Newbie here! lookin to get a drum machine...need some guidance.

shaynebishoptls

I've been checkin around on ebay and a few other places online and i have no clue as to what i'm looking for in a drum machine. I want it to be able to hook up to my pc and have touch pads, wait thats about all i know i want. I came across the Boss 770 i believe it is what its called(blue with yellow buttons?), it seems good....ANyone got any suggestions? Thanx, Shane

Get over to Roland's site and request their free DVD catalog. Great demo there of their $500 SPS sampling drumpad. I'm saving up for one myself.

I have the Boss 770. It is easy to program patterns and create drum tracks for entire songs, IMO I don't think the drum sounds are all that great. I normally just trigger a V-Drum TD6 with the DR 770. I also have a Zoom 125(?) I think the drum sounds are pretty good on that machine but I'm not fond of the programming part.

Boss DR 770

I own that machine too. It is pretty easy to program, once you get the hang of it. I also think the drum sounds are good.

There are lots of features that I haven't tapped into yet -- probably more than I need.

This is the only drum machine I've owned or used, so I can't really compare it to any others. But I will say it is easier to use than I'd anticipated.

Not to spam or nothing but...

I'm selling a DR.660 for $150... It's the brother of the 770. I don't think there is much difference in the 2. I know the 770 has a few more internal sounds and efx and maybe there's a extra parameter or 2 you can tweak but nothing major from my understanding.

I also have a DR5 i should probably let go of...

If interested just PM me...

Re: Not to spam or nothing but...

LAZI said:
I'm selling a DR.660 for $150... It's the brother of the 770. I don't think there is much difference in the 2. I know the 770 has a few more internal sounds and efx and maybe there's a extra parameter or 2 you can tweak but nothing major from my understanding.

I also have a DR5 i should probably let go of...

If interested just PM me...
That's a hell of a deal Lazi.

Older brother... They even look and act alike though...

Still up for grabs... Comes with a real nice new multi-adapter, multi-voltage AC power supply. 40 bucks at Radio Shack....

Ismellelephant said:
I normally just trigger a V-Drum TD6 with the DR 770.

...is this where MIDI comes in?...

...I have a 770 and am, as you know, thinking of getting the v-drum club set...nice to know the 770 won't be a mere paperweight if I get the v-drums...

The Boss DR-770 bro.I have it.Take a wissin:

mp3.com/maligna

Tell me what you think.I had to use the drum machine cause we dont have any good mics for drums.The Zoom323 is a very good one also.With very high polyphnic sound it has drum sounds so close to the real drums,its like they actually recorded the drum samples.

Back