Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help with V tracks on BossBR8

Thanks

Unhappy

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a question about the V tracks on the Boss BR8 , I have a song 3 minutes long & all 8 tracks are full,
    I needed some extra tracks to lay a guitar lead, & some sampling, so I used (V track 1) for the guitar lead and recorded it, at the same time I had vocals on tracks 7,8 and lost every thing on those two tracks.
    Whatever tracks that are lit up & blinking on the original 8 tracks, get erased if I use the V tracks, & I still have 16 minutes left on my zip disk.
    I have no idea what I did wrong. The manual isn't giving me the answers I need. Is there any other books that can help me out, or a website that Roland or someone might have on the Internet, that can help me out with this problem?
    The only way I can lay extra tracks is if I bounce the tracks, & the V tracks are totally useless to me, when I need the extra tracks, & I know there is a specific purpose for the V tracks.
    I'm getting really frustrated, & would really like to move on, so if anyone has any tips, that would be great.

Thanks
    What could be happening is that when you move to the v tracks, so do your other tracks. Hit the V track button and move the cursor to the tracks that look like they've been erased. Then you should be able to select the v track that has already been recorded on. It should show back up the way you recorded it.

As for the what the V tracks are good for, they're good for multiple takes of the same part and using the cut and paste feature to combine it all into one "choice" take. Something like that anyway.

Also, you could check out this website:
    http://members.tripod.com/ocomain/id26.htm
    It's the BR-8 Manifesto.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Question That's nice...

Sniper-X, got one of those for the VS 840?

Thanks

Wink

Did you try to use the "optimize" function?

When you replace a track recording over it, the old track is still in memory, so optimizing song youŽll delete all takes you did before (except the current ones).

Thanks
    wawazzat,
    you know, with all the stuff out there on the internet these days, I won't be suprised if there is something like that out there for the vs 840. Yahoo has alot of different forums and bulletin boards so try checking there. I'm sure there'll be tons of information to be found.
    "One shot, One Kill"

Thanks
    BR8 has a very special way of working with Vtracks and bouncing... Everytime you do some of this, you have to check every track...

Thanks
    Page 9 of the manual. Virtual tracks can only be used 1 at a time per track. They are basically 2nd, 3rd & 4th takes...etc. on the same track. You can piece virtual tracks together to make a main track. Sounds like you're maxed out.

And you can only record 2 tracks at a time. Guitar on v-trk 1 & vocals on 7 & 8 won't work...that's 3 of course. Reply if you need help.

Thanks

Rolands usa website

Go to Roland 's usa website. Look for the phone number there. I just bought a br 1600 and had a few questions. i called it and lo-and behold a human picked up and answered my question in a minute. Very good support so far. Later, J.H.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaustin
    Page 9 of the manual. Virtual tracks can only be used 1 at a time per track. They are basically 2nd, 3rd & 4th takes...etc. on the same track. You can piece virtual tracks together to make a main track. Sounds like you're maxed out.

And you can only record 2 tracks at a time. Guitar on v-trk 1 & vocals on 7 & 8 won't work...that's 3 of course. Reply if you need help.
    i have this machine and i need to record a drum
    with only two tracks i am in big trouble because i want everything to be sounding good. with only two tracks for the drums i always get something too loud or i get difficulties in my mixing.

Thanks
    The BR-8 wasn't designed to record a live band, but I've done it. I only used two overheads on the drums, you have to make sure that any COSM effects are turned OFF.

Thread Information