The LCD screen on the BR1600

Gorty

I have a Boss BR1600 and during some recording last night I noticed that the screen seems to have signs of slight darkening. I adjusted the screen brightness which has helped but if I use the setting which it has been set at for the last year it looks like the crystal is showing signs of burning. :mad:

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology regarding the LCD screen.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar screen problems. :confused:

Can't say I've noticed any problem with mine. Would that be covered under the extended warranty that you purchased? Yuk-yuk.

How old is your board Gorty?

How old is your board? I really hope this isn't a common problem. Now you have me worried that it will happen to mine also!

Dumby said:
How old is your board? I really hope this isn't a common problem. Now you have me worried that it will happen to mine also!

It's not bad by any standards but a little dark grey around the edges here and there!

My unit is about 2 years old!

Wish you luck with your screen Gorty. I had to sell my BR 1600 on E-bay to pay taxes. Never had a problem with the screen but I wanted to sell it before they came out with something new and the machine lost value.I have a Yamaha PSR-330 keyboard that the screen went bad on ,I can only see parts of it here and there. It still plays but to do anything that you have to scoll through several screens forget it! On the BR it would be a nightmare.So if it's just a little dark I could live with that. I bought a VS-880EX on E-bay for now so I have something to record on but I miss my BR-1600.I play out with a band too so I'm always busy with music.I want to get a VS -1880 next because the price is right on E-bay.Oh yeah the 880EX sounds great but its a lot harder to use than the BR 1600 and only has 8 tracks.

Back