connecting BR-532 to the computer?

artgirl

hi, i was wondering if anyone had the answer to this one. i have a boss br-532 4 track, it records on smart media cards, and i was wondering if there is a way to connect it to the computer so that i can download the songfiles and to make mp3s.
any input would be appreciated.
thanks!

thank you for this tip, i will see if i can figure it out. just not very technically inclined, i just want to plug in and play, usually. the website looks helpful.

thank you for this tip, i will see if i can figure it out. just not very technically inclined, i just want to plug in and play, usually. the website looks helpful.

i use the same mixer to record music on to adobe audition and garage band. What i do is get a standard red and black(or white) cords that hook up to the output panel in the back. like theses, but with a headphone jack at the other end.

like a stereo audio cable.

The other end of the cord should have a normal "headphone/ earphone" end to plug into your computers mic slot. I am sure there are other ways by hooking up through the usb port.

also sorry for my poor technical vocabulary.

The format on the Smart Media card is not helpful. What you need is a good soundcard. You can either mix down in your box and run the stereo line out (-10, not +4) to the left and right line ins on your soundcard in real time (the easy way), or- send the tracks, 2 at a time, panned hard left and right, to the left and right line in on the sound card, then manually synch the tracks and mix them in the computer. This is more work, but allows you to use whatever software in the computer you want for effects and mixdown. You *can* use a Smart Media card reader, but I think the Boss records in MP2 format, which is uncompressed, and you will find that this generates some huuuuge audio files, which can then be ripped to MP3 and burned to CD. I found it easier to just send the tracks by analog line signal in real time than to pretend that the Boss is a computer. Best of luck-Richie

Back