burn songs to CD from BOSS br1600 cd

talgreg

I have a couple of questions concerning copying my sons to CD.

1. Do I have to connect a usb cable and export song files to my PC in order to convert the songs to WAV format or a format a CD player can understand or can I just do the conversion on the BOSS 1600 itself ?

2. I was able to export my song file to the CD, but was not familiar with the file extentions the BR1600 produces, so I understand from the manual that the files have to be converted to WAV files, is this correct?

3. Is there a length limitation on a usb cable between my PC and the BR1600, I have a ten foot cable but there'a about 15 feet between my PC and the BR1600 ?

Thank you.

Greg

Depends on what you want to do. If you are just wanting to listen to music created on the BR, you can just burn the mixed or mastered tracks to cd using the CD/Write/Play button, select the tracks and burn away. This just creates a normal CD that can be listened to on any cd player, including your PC. If want to import the tracks into some other software on your pc, then you probably need to convert them to WAV format. I explained how to do this in another recent post related to the BR in this forum. I don't have the book in front of me, but it explains this process pretty well. I have not tried it, but I'm sure it works fine. As far as the USB, I only use that for backing up my songs to the pc. I have not used it for other functions, and am not sure if you can convert to WAV AND send over USB at the same time. I can check the book later.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Here's what I posted earlier:

The book describes the process on page 209-210. Once the tracks are recorded, you can select them as the source for tranforming to WAV format through the DATA SAVE/LOAD button. Then select the WAVE function key, then export, then the source tracks to be converted. Within these screens, you can select the type of output either WAV or AIFF. Once all the parameters are entered, and assuming you've placed a CD in the drive, you should be able to write the tracks in WAV format, and bring them into your computer.

Hope that helps.

Steve

What if you want to load the files into a mac as aiff files? Will it work and play fine as in the wav format? I had the same question only sending it to a mac instead of a pc. Thank you

I am new at this. But I do know I spent several hours last night trying to copy the songs (Tracks) from the BR1600 CD and never was successful. I get an entire CD of BR2 files. Then I try some other things as posted and documented and when I put the cd in my PC it's blank, zero bytes. Then it says error the track is too small etc. So then I try and erase the cd on the BR1600 and 1/2 later later it appears to have completed. All I want to do is create a simple song on the BR1600, burn it to the cd and the be able to take the cd with me, for example in my car or PC or where ever and then play it. I do assume this is possible, because anything this expensive and specialized and advertised to do this should be able to do this. But I just don't believe it should be so damn complicated. I just bought this unit so I assume this is learning curve, but shouldn't there be some straightforward menu item like, select song-convert to Wave file, copy to cd.

Thanks

Greg

Creating a normal cd on the 1600 is very simple. If it is not, then something is wrong with your machine. My guess is that you are not mixing and mastering your song. You need to BOUNCE the recorded tracks to a stereo mix, usually onto track 9/10. You CAN master those bounced tracks, but you don't have to. Once that bounced stereo mix is created, THAT is the track(s) you burn to CD in the CD/Write mode. I always used Disc at once by song, select the mastered tracks I want, hit go and its done. Let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Today I had a major breakthrough and actually got the song to the CD. Hooray!!!! You have to bounce the original tracks to the 9/10 stereo track just like Steve said, then do the optional mastering, then do the write to cd. Thanks to all the replies, I really do appreciate them very very much!!

Thanks again!

Greg

you da man! once you do it and know to mixdown to 9/10 and master it's easy as 1-2-3.I really like this machine. Once you figure it out it's real easy to use it's got good guitar effects too.

WAV-MAKER-1600 software for converting from BR1600 to WAV

talgreg,

WAV-MAKER-1600 software is now available for converting (raw) tracks from BR-1600 to WAV for the purpose of post-production on a PC using PC Audio Software (I use Cakewalk SONAR). More details at http://www.topsoundproductions.com under "Products".

Back