BR-900CD files to PC?

Scruntfundle

Hi there.

I've just dug an old BR-900 out of a box, it's been sat there for 7 years since I last moved. Of course, goes without saying, the power supply isn't with the recorder. I have a whole bunch of small power supplies, trying every 9v/12v supply I can find has proved fruitless. I know I can get a replacement for cheap on the bay, but not having anything here that works?? Seems a bit off to me, so I think sadly the unit is dead.

Question 1, is there anything odd about the power supply of these units? Should a generic power supply work?

Question 2, can the BR0 files be converted to WAVs? I know there's stuff on this card that's precious that I should have bounced but didn't, I've looked on the Boss/Roland site, there is mention of a WAV converter but the links are old and take you nowhere.

Thanks folks.

Hi,
I don't know anything about the workings of the unit or the file formats but, regarding your power supply, a generic supply should work fine as long as it meets a few criteria.
The specs call for a Boss PSC series adapter which seems to have negative on the pin/centre and positive on the outer.

This is usually shown with an image like this. I believe the boss wants negative polarity, as shown.

5113f704ce395ffc7d000000.png

The adapter should also be rated at 1A(mp) or greater.

Any adapter with correct polarity, great enough current rating, and a connector that physically fits, should work fine.

Hope that's useful.

Yeah, done and tried all that. I realised when inspecting the item further you can run it from AAs, which when installed have no effect either, so I'm sad to say it's dead. Dead as a dead thing.

I'll have the back off it tomorrow, and look for another broken doner.

Ah, that's a shame.
Being that you tried unknown adapters first it's possible that doing so damaged the unit.
If you still have the other adapters to hand, check polarity.
If any of them is wrong-polarity for the Boss unit it'd be worth an inspection inside to see if there are any obvious signs of damage.

Resurrected!

Yes, I tried all of that, even new batteries in the back, but no good.

Just took it all apart, reconnected all the ribbon cables and tested, woohoo!

Thanks for your advice.

Back