BR 800 Backing Up Disk Two Questions

hutzy123

Its pretty slow to back up my BR 800's SD hard drive to my laptop via the USB cable. Can I just take the SD card and plug it in my computer and copy that way? Or will I miss important information.

The next question is an audio interface question. I want to use the BR-800 as a DA interface. I want to run an old four track cassette machine through the BR-800 and record onto my laptop using Sonar LE. I don't want the BR-800 to record necessarily-- I just want it to be an interface to get into my computer.

Last edited:
The first question is to find out what kind of hard drive is in that thing. I have a BR-864, and that just uses CF cards. If you have a standard laptop hard drive in there. You'd be able to just do it with a duplicator to another disk, or create an image of that drive on your computer. That's what I'd do...

None of those things would lose anything.

Oh - I just read that you said 'SD Card'.... If that's the case... no problem. I do that ALL the time.... You can clone it, or just copy the music files.... The manual shows how the card is set up with the songs.... Easy as can be.

Back