BR 1180 CD export WAV files to CDs to clear space (getting an error message)

Posrole

Hello,
Situation:
BR 1180-CD w/20 GB HDDrive is FULL.

Goal:
Export WAV files onto CDs, to clear space on the drive.

Problem:
When following the Manual instructions "to the letter" for how to export WAV files, at the end of the process, I get a HDD FULL error message (and it doesn't write to the CD).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Signed, "Desperate to record"
thanks!

One possibility is that the disk may need some space for a temporary file or similar in order to perform the export and there is not even enough for that. If so, two things you could try are

1) run the "Song Optimize" function
2) delete 1 or more files you can live without

Retry the export after the optimization and see if it works before resorting to deleting material

Thanks ErichS -

2 great suggestions!

I had already deleted 00:01:36 mins, maybe I just need more space and will have to delete more.

I will optimize next and try again before deleting more.

grateful.

Hi ErichS:
Optimizing did work. I was able to write a WAV to a CD-R.

Is there a way to write a succession of WAV files (multiple songs / tracks) to fill the CD?
After the first WAV track write to CD-R disc, the system responds with "not a blank disc" error message. It is certainly not efficient or effective to use a whole CD with 74-80 min capacity for one WAV file.

Is there something I'm missing here, or do I need to use CD-R/RW discs to write multiple songs/tracks to fill the disc fully?
Thanks.

One possibility is that the disk may need some space for a temporary file or similar in order to perform the export and there is not even enough for that. If so, two things you could try are

1) run the "Song Optimize" function
2) delete 1 or more files you can live without

Retry the export after the optimization and see if it works before resorting to deleting material

Posrole,

Glad the optimization worked for you.

You should be able to select as many songs as you like. When you are making your selections just move the cursor/highlight to the desired song and press "enter". This should place an asterisk(*) next to the song name. Then backup as usual.

ErichS:

Is there a way to "batch send" a selection of tracks/song (WAV files) to CD-R disc?

Currently, I can send one at a time, because after one WAV file is written, the system shows an "error message" and will not send another WAV file without inserting a new disc.

My intention is to "fill up" each CD with WAV files to then transfer onto computer.

ErichS:

Is there a way to "batch send" a selection of tracks/song (WAV files) to CD-R disc?

Currently, I can send one at a time, because after one WAV file is written, the system shows an "error message" and will not send another WAV file without inserting a new disc.

My intention is to "fill up" each CD with WAV files to then transfer onto computer.

Did you try using the highlight procedure I mentioned in my previous post? Here it is again in case you missed it

You should be able to select as many songs as you like. When you are making your selections just move the cursor/highlight to each desired song and press "enter". This should place an asterisk(*) next to the song name. Then backup as usual.

This works for songs. I don't know of a way to batch select tracks unless you create a new song and copy selected groups of tracks to the new songs then export

Hi Erich

Did you find the answer yet ...sorry I don't have the answer but I have the 1180....so it is possible to save WAV files and add them to your DAW for final mixing etc...when you send files to a cdr etc does the br delete the original files or keep them....

thnaks

steve

You have to have enough blank space on your HD for each of the WAV files you want to export/burn. With the low cost of CD-Rs (buy a 100 for $15), just burn to CD-R and then use your computer to compile them and burn them to a single disc. That way you can ensure a blank space between songs and can title/tag them, too.

Back