Bouncing w/ effects problem

Cobbler

You guys probably know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to bounce tracks 1 through 12 to 13 & 14 in order to do a CD burn. For some reason, I am hearing the effects I assigned to tracks 3 & 4 while recording but when I play back 13/14 - it's dry as a desert. What's up with this?! Thanks for your input!

Damn you 1680 users. hehe I am not sure man Why do you have to dump them down to 2 track first cant you just mix and burn straight to disk?
What do I know I am an 840 user and I cant afford to waste 2 tracks.

i use an 880ex, but the idea is the same-
it's how you set up the effects in either the input mode mixer or the track mixer. if you want to print the effects as you mix down to the pair, you've got to get the effects inserted/send/return on the track mixer side (green). it sounds as if you've got them inserted in the input mixer, so you'll hear them as you're playing, but they are not routed to the recorder part...

If you are using the effects as a SEND/RETURN you need to assign the return to the tracks you want to record them on. Also look at the master settings for the EFX busses.

Also make sure you are not using the EFX in question as an insert somewhere else.

I was just gonna post this and saw that someone else has the same problem
I am trying to Bounce to two track for a burn.I would like to bounce all the tracks to a two track master. In this case I am mixing down to tracks 15 /16 with a simple reverb.
I am able to bounce, but the reverb doesn't come with it. It comes dry. Panning effects make the transfer and fader volumes, but no reverb.
I have followed the instructions in the manual and it should be a simple procedure.
I have made sure there are no inserted effects on any other tracks or inputs. My effect is applied to the track and not the input. My manual says nothing about send a nd returning to specific locations. This simple way should work. I have tryed the reverb in my effect 1 and effect 2 but I cant seem to get an effect to come over in the transfer. Can anybody offer any more ideas? --Billy

Hey Cobbler
I'm still drawing a blank on this problem. Can I e-mail you directly? We can work on this problem or (I pray) you have already found whats wrong. My e-mail address is
davistb@aol.com thanks --Billy

Hello all and thanks for the help. I solved the problem by calling a Roland tech who was patient and helpful. One of you was telling me the right thing but I wasnt sure exactly how to assign the tracks to the effects buss.
The original manual of course leaves out this step. here is how it is worded and I have added in the step they forgot.
APPLYING REVERB WHILE TRACK BOUNCING
after selecting effects>>>>
2. press status button for track you want bounced tracks to record to so the button indictaor lights orange.
3. While pressing status button which is orange, press select buttons for tracks you want to be bounced to the orange button track.
*********While still holding that button press the effect 1/3 button or the effect 2/4 button to correspond with the effect number selected. (those buttons are located at the end of the input select buttons row)*********
Now contine by holding down the record button and pressing the button that is lite orange.
You should be ready to bounce.

Back