Boss VE-2 question (need help QUICK)

NLAlston

I, recently, purchased a Boss VE-2, and can't seem to find any info on what I'm looking for. Allow me to give a little bit about my needs.

I am a singer, and hobbyist songwriter who (at a time ago) was able to sing ALL of the harmony voices to my songs. Age, and cigarettes have reduced my vocal range, but I still love what I AM able to do. I'm looking to assemble a group of guys to handle the background vocals, for a CD that wish to put out, later this year. So - I bought this Boss VE-2.

I knew that a harmonizing unit would, quite possibly, fit the bill for me, and this one -not only being in my price range - had (what I'd been told) the exact feature that I'd hoped for - instrument input. Now, in every YouTube video that I've viewed, on that, it is ALWAYS a singer with a guitar being tethered. I am not a guitarist. I know it's been stated that a keyboard could also be utilized, in that same fashion. I DO play keyboards, a little bit, but never when I am recording. All of my tracks have been sequenced, in my DAW, and I wished to sing on TOP of them. I had explained, to the salesperson, what my aim was, and he said that should be a non issue. What I know about these devices you could put into a thimble, and STILL have room to spare. So, I am hoping that someone could help me out with this; someone who could give me a definite answer on the subject.

So, my direct question is - would it be possible to line my audio interface into this device, and record (via the Boss VE-2) the harmonies back into my DAW? Man....if SO, id be a very happy camper.

Advanced thanks.

Last edited:
I had forgot to clarify something. I HAVE read the manual and (within the section dealing with connecting the Boss VE-2 to a computer) there WAS mention of material being able to be played from the computer, while vocals are sung back into it - WITH harmonies - and recorded. That's all well, and fine. What I am hoping, though, is that the chord structure of my songs will a work with vocal harmonies in the SAME manner that a guitar would. Hadn't attempted it, yet, as the doubt about it just recently crept up, and (besides) I haven't finished all the harmony arrangements, yet.

Last edited:
Back