BOSS BR8 0R VS840-EX

for my money, the 880ex is still your best deal on the market. it records to a hard drive rather than the zip tape, has the ability to write straight to the CD burner, and audio quality is superb. i got mine on ebay as new in box for $1100. you can get it new for around $1450. go visit www.vsplanet.com and do some reading of comments on the various VS workstations by people who own and use them.

Australian NextMusic magazine Issue # 5 (March/Apr 00)gave a 9/10 review of the BOSS BR-8. The review noted pros as "Easy to use, Good price (it's $1795 AUS - don't know what this converts to in US$$) quiet, great variety of input effects and track indicator lights", "On the downside, the lack of a MIDI In port or a Digital Input are significant shortcomings" (ie: you can't control it from your computer or import digital audio back into it). Best suited to guitarists apparently. Hope this info helps a bit.

Hey toshiro
Thanks for the info on the br-8.
I found alot more info on the unit,sounds like its what iam lookin for.
I ordered it last week for $695.00 US.

jimimac

Hey guys- Im a 19 year old female. If I can use this machine (and produce nice NICE sounds) ANYONE can- Its great I love it!

Back