Boss BR600 question

jeffchastain

Holier than thou
I've downloaded a file converter from the Roland website that will allow me to transfer tracks individually from the recorder to my computer. My question is can I then import those tracks into any recording software to tweak the tracks individually before combining them? If so, what software can I use? (preferrably something free or inexpensive. I'm using the BR600, so you know I'm on a shoestring budget.)

I've downloaded a file converter from the Roland website that will allow me to transfer tracks individually from the recorder to my computer. My question is can I then import those tracks into any recording software to tweak the tracks individually before combining them? If so, what software can I use? (preferrably something free or inexpensive. I'm using the BR600, so you know I'm on a shoestring budget.)

I have a BR-600, but do all the tweaking in it, but the free Audacity sound editor works well http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ .

If its a .wav file then yes you can open it in any software that reads .wav files. I recommend Reaper. Its FREE and will offer you alot more options compared to Audacity(even though its a great program to). I actually use Reaper in my studio for recording sessions and use Audacity as an external editor with it. Great program and easy to use. You can check it out below.

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

Br600

Yes,, the converter software imports & exports using wave files. I use the converter to import & export, & set the BR600 to Utilities/USB/Backup and then do everything with the wave converter. Most of the time I mix in the BR600 but when I need more than 6 tracks, I export the tracks to Acid Music Studio. They recently upgraded that program to handle multi-track audio and it works pretty good. I've had as many as twelve tracks loaded with no glitches.

Earl

as long as the software regonizes the format. if not then youll need to convert it first.

Back