Boss br 900cd

E-K

I have recently acquired a Boss BR 900cd recorder second hand. I have worked out how to do most things on it now.

I appear to have a problem producing CDs from it.

The CDs play well on my car stereos. However they only play through the bass speaker of my home stereo system. One of my friends says the CDs were OK on his system - another friend says his wouldn't play at all.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Not sure why you would only get playback through the sub on your home system, but any players that won't play the CDs are probably old and have a slow sampling speed. Some music burning software has the capability to set the burn speed - for example you can get CD-Rs now that are X52, meaning they can be burned at 52 times the playback speed but older players may only be able to read to X8 or X16, so if you can burn at those lower speeds, then the old players can play them.

x8 is my maximum burn speed. I was wondering if it has something to do with the CDs I'm using. WH Smith CD-R
Thanks for the reply.

That's possible, never heard of them, guess they are a UK-only brand. I have heard of burning devices that will not burn to certain brands of disc, but never certain brands that would not play.

Back